*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2011519-I-am-a-bully
Rated: ASR · Poetry · Emotional · #2011519
This is just a poem that I think a lot of people can relate to. I'd love some feedback
I am a bully because I didn't help

I am a bully because I didn't help my classmate when 3 upperclassmen pushed him against the wall.
I am a bully because I don't speak up when people are shooting bullets in the form of words at others who made a few mistakes.
I am a bully because I fought in the war of morality and let the side of fear point my feet in the direction of safe guilt.
I am a bully because I saw my classmate skipping lunch after she had let the lies of her being too big invade her mind.
I am a bully because as more and more of the people around me were getting black dogs, I was hiding my purple cat as far away as possible.
I am a bully because even though I saw the paintings made by knifes on the canvas made of wrist, I did not speak up.
I am a bully because as the night falls and my computer screen shines as bright as the moon, I talk about the weaknesses I see in other people and make them uglier than they are to hide my own.
I am a bully because I use the word "overreacting" more than "explain".
I am a bully because I never pointed out how much wonders my classmates have when the authority pulls them down into the pool of insecurity, slowly drowning them.
I am a bully because I laughed along to the words that sunk into the skin of a human being that had no idea how to get them out.
I am a bully because when I was supposed help people up from the pit of depression, I let them fall deeper than my arm could reach.
I am a bully because I am a coward.

Missaly
Sidenote: black dog is usually a symbol for depression and purple cats(something I made up) is symbolic to the fear of rejection. A very dark shade of purple represents the color of "fear of rejection"(black meaning depressed obviously) and I choose a cat because you cant always see them, but they are always close


© Copyright 2014 Missaly Araback (astber at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2011519-I-am-a-bully