*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2011569-Deathly-Silent
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Horror/Scary · #2011569
Is this Haunted house haunted?
The old hospital deathly silent, reeked of mildew and death slowly stealing the life of anyone that dared to enter. It was clear from the graffiti on the walls that these halls had been abandoned for several years; the local “haunted house”. 

Slowly traversing the broken glass and debris on the third floor Jeanette made her way to room 316. With every flash of lighting she jumped and looked around to ensure she was the only one here. “Nothing is in here,” Jeanette whispered trying to calm the racing in her chest.

Jeanette jumped as she heard a scream from somewhere ahead. Breathing deeply, she reminded herself that all the stories she had heard about the hospital were false and that the crazy doctor who enjoyed doing operations without giving his patients anesthetics was still here. 

A brush on the back of her neck caused her to scream and drop the flashlight.  “Crap! Nothing is here. Nothing is here.” Dropping to her knees she started fumbling in the inky blackness. Desperate to find it she forgot about the broken glass on the ground until she slid her hand across a sharp piece.  Near tears she mumbled “I can’t find it anywhere… Crap… How am I going to get out of here?”

“You wont need to.” A faint whisper echoed. Startled and scared she looked up and saw a teenage boy about her age near her in the flash of lighting from window. Relieved she stood and smiled, “I was beginning to be frightened.”

“You still should be.” He smirked as he stepped forward with a bloodily knife that he had hidden behind his back

© Copyright 2014 A. Deshier (bataman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2011569-Deathly-Silent