*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2012042-Mark-Walsh-RIP
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Death · #2012042
damn he was funny
Mark Walsh R.I.P.

Mark Walsh was a funny guy. Everywhere he went people laughed so hard they cried. Tears and tears of wild, mad laughter. It never ended. He was THAT FUNNY. And I mean REALLY funny. He knew how to make people laugh and he shamelessly exploited his talent as often as he could, which was VERY OFTEN because people wanted him around. Until one day Mark told a supposedly funny story and nobody laughed. He couldn’t believe it. Actually, nobody could believe it. Everyone sat there stunned. They WANTED to laugh but COULDN’T. Mark flew into a rage. “LAUGH YOU MISERABLE BASTARDS. LAUGH GODDAMNIT. IT’S TIME TO LAUGH NOW…WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU??!!?!” Mumbling something about the burdens of being an entertainer, Mark stormed out of the place with such haste and disgust that he was killed by a car as he ran across the street. The driver didn’t laugh either. And then of course, the funeral. Thousands showed up, all touched deeply by Mark’s charisma and his abrupt end. The whole place was overtaken by laughter as people shared stories about Mark’s hilarious life. Wild fits of spontaneously evolving laughter. Only the few people who were there that fateful night when Mark’s story fell flat were confused. Maybe they SHOULD have laughed. Maybe they were just ASSHOLES. Or maybe Mark was an asshole for taking his role as an entertainer so GODDAMN SERIOUSLY.
© Copyright 2014 Kevin Subliminal (kevinsublim at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2012042-Mark-Walsh-RIP