*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2012587-Hoping-for-You
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Teen · #2012587
What comes with LOVE?
"I wont lie to you all, I just now turned sixteen." She proceeded to mumble as her pen scribbled words onto the paper of her diary. "And I wont lie and say I know exactly what it's like to fall in love.. But I do believe I have an idea. For two years Me and, -well let's call him- Austen provided one and other with playful banter. Freshman year was when I truly thought I loved him. This I still don't know is true. So after getting to know him a few months I asked him out. He said no. But I wasn't the type to be upset and make a scene. So I went home, ate ice cream and binge on my favorite television show. In a few weeks Austen started dating a girl -still cant remember her name but let's call her- Castilla. Now being the jealous type I wasn't the nicest, bumping into Austen I'd flirt with him openly in front of her. Call me rude but hey, I was a freshman and didn't know how to be polite. skipsy forward and they broke up to which I flirted more heavily with Austen for the next year. Sophomore year I decided to ask him to winter formal. After his rejection my ego took a hit, but I still went and guess who was there? Yep, Austen. So deciding to be a bitch I flirted with a guy he barely knew. In front of him. After his absence of a reaction I gave up. I suppose if I had known How things would turn out I'd have done thing differently. I switched schools the next semester, a snap decision of mine that my heart didn't approve but my wounded ego and my brain found it to be an amazing idea. the summer after Sophomore year we reconnected and he got a phone. This progressed to a mutual attraction. After trying yet again to ask him out he said no. His reason? Distance. Now don't get me wrong he didn't moved, I didn't move. We just didnt go to the same school. After a heartfelt conversation of how I refused to give up on us, and that I'd wait for years if it would take that long. skip forward a bit and a few days after, he asked me out. Of course I accepted. With my ego somehow still intact I look back on these events, and I wouldn't change a thing. Love, what is love? I believe it's to care so much about something or someone that you can't stop caring for them even if you want to. I hope this is love, Oh and by the way, We'd make amazing babies. That's all for, well I can't quite say. The end has yet to be written."
Z
© Copyright 2014 azaleia (azaleiac at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2012587-Hoping-for-You