*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2015046-oct-19-freeday
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #2015046
worked on the ending a little
Last Chapter






          Sarah lies sleeping in her bed, when Mary came into the room. Mary could not believe how young her grandmother looked sleeping beneath the yarn knitted bedspread. She had heard the story of how Sarah had found the coven. She wasn’t sure of what she would have done in the same situation without anyone to help as an expectant mother. However, her Christian heart knew who Sarah and Mercy were, and she could not suffer a witch to live no matter if they were of her own blood. If she wanted to rid her own soul of the curse of witchcraft, she knew what she had to do.

         Mary slowly pulls the pillow from beside her grandmother’s head. She pushes it plush fabric over Sarah’s face. Sarah didn’t struggle like Mary expected. She seemed to welcome the eternal sleep.

         Mary removes the pillow and kisses Sarah’s cheek, pours the gasoline, and made a trail out to the middle of the coven where the residents danced in the moons light many times. Mary could barely remember Mercy and herself dancing with Sarah and their mother in this area.

         She shakes off the thought and movies on to the cabin that Willow once lived in. It was the home of her twin now. Mercy had taken the home when she poisoned Willow. Mary searched the house carrying her Bible in one hand and a revolver in the other, but she could not find her sister. 

© Copyright 2014 Ida_Matilda_Wright Help (writing_life at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2015046-oct-19-freeday