*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2015166-The-Story-chapter-16
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #2015166
The riddle wars
As the knight woke up, he noticed Diamond Taco. It was in a small glass case. The knights adrenalin pumped. He went towards the case. His heart pounded as he stretched out his hand toward the case. He felt like he was going to have a heart-attack as he touched the case. The reason that he felt like he was going to have a heart-attack was because the case had an electric forcefield that shocked (literally and mentally) him. Suddenly the room changed to black again, and around him in the darkness these were printed: “File emergency_Diamond_Taco_storage has been replaced with File Riddle_Game”

"Drat," The knight scolded himself "I should have known that it wouldn't be that easy! I could have done something! Wait Riddle_Game? That sounds nice and relaxing."

He was suddenly inside another, different cave. There was a big underground pond in the cave, but more noticeably there was pale small creature creature looking right at him with its beady eyes. "Gollum!Gollum!" Coughed the creature. “The Baggins must play our game, mustn't he my precioussss?"

“Oh man!" Thought the knight. "Not this Ridddle game!"

“If the nasty hobbit loses, you must let us eat you! If we lose, we must show the Baggins out, is that right my Precioussss?"

“He even has the ring in this game! The Ring was the onky reason Bilbo got out! How am I supposed to do the same?!"  Thought the knight, but he said out loud: “I agree to those terms."

Gollum replied: “We must go first my preciousss, mustn't we?” Gollum thought long and hard before he said: " What makes all, but is never seen? It's name is a lie, and it can be made by machine. There are many kinds, made by little kinds. What is it?"





The knight thought, and thought hard. He thought: “ Well it might an atom. Yes, I think it is. An atom makes most everything, and you cannot see them individually. Yeah, thats it. But what about the name being a lie? Ah yes! The greek atomos means un-cuttable or something like that, but now we can “cut” atoms into subatomic particles, and we can create different atoms by bashing atoms together, and of course there are many kinds of atoms made by three subatomic particles. Thats it!” What he said outloud was: “Atoms!"

“Yes it is. He guessed it my preciouss! It is that nasty hobbits turn!”

This time the knight thought hard to make a riddle. He came up with this: “What is small, and is made of many things? It is a bane to people, but is rarely deadly? It is made of anything from space objects, to dead things. What is it?”

Gollum thought and thought. Nothing was in his list of items that made sense. He had been programmed to handle losing correctly, but never not having an answer. His database had only two reactions. Check to see if the sentence made sense, which it did, and to check to see if the answer made sense, so he asked: “You have outssmarted me! What is the answer! What is the answer ,my precioussss! What is it!!!!"

“It is dust. Now you must lead me out!”

Gollum programmed the answer into his database, becuase it made sense. He started the conversion process. He processed the knight to go to the Ritz_reward area. The knight converted. Gollum sat waiting for another person.

Suddenly, an order came to him not to let anyone out, even if they win. Gollum accepted the instructions. It didn't even occur to the robots mind that he had been too late.


END OF CHAPTER 16
© Copyright 2014 Tacoman Junior - We Got This! (silasqwerty1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2015166-The-Story-chapter-16