*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2015252-The-Trip
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Philosophy · #2015252
A trip like no other
The day has finally arrived, and I am so excited! I have been planning for this for a long time, just after coming back from my previous adventure, going back some 2 years ago now. The elders said that they had one planned for me, and due to the success of the last few I've been on, they have chosen me for this particular one.

"This has proven to be a difficult one, as one has returned only after a few weeks, and another a few years. The host has some difficulties, some of which are beyond our control, but we feel you are strong enough to withstand almost anything that comes your way."

That was the only information they gave to me, and though I am looking forward to seeing what this particular trip will bring, and am honoured that I was chosen, I was cautious about keeping my hopes up. A few weeks, I remember that one from the file. That was about 9 years ago, and the host wasn't aware of what was happening. 5 years, now that would have been hard. The being had come back about 3 years ago, and has only just now started to apply again. Must have been so hard.

Starting my preparations this morning, I looked around my space for one last time. No-one can predict how long the journey may take, and over the 5 I've been on so far, the longest one was just over 70 years. This one they anticipate would last for around 90 years, but that is just an estimate, given the free will of others and unforeseen circumstances. This space may not even be the same one I return to, other beings come and go all the time. There are no physical objects, like the ones I have come to know on the trips, everything is provided at a mere thought.

Now was the time. I approached the elders, and saw that a whole crowd had gathered. The trips were always a grand occasion, mixed with joy and sadness. I was formally handed the suit I would wear (a bit lighter than some I've worn) and listened to the customary speech, about living, loving, being true and peaceful, knowing and growing, learning and playing. And forgetting. That was the trick. I won't remember this, only the physical journey. That's when the sadness began. Some of these people I wouldn't see again. Not in the way I remember them now. Tears were shed, and much love exchanged.

As the portal opens, I know the time has come. I don't know the circumstances, place or time, but I know that this journey will be the next link in the chain of ultimate growth.
© Copyright 2014 Kathey30 (kathey30 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2015252-The-Trip