*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2015497-Lacrimae
by Shon
Rated: E · Draft · Other · #2015497
just fun for me just sying
Lacrimae


This morning has shown me the true meaning of shedded blood. Nothing in the air, but the red mist of the night before. Me myself waving the right and wrong of the events that took place last night. We gave they a choice and this is the outcome of choosing wrong i suppose. Nothing but bodies laying at my feet. My ally Rudra. His howls consume the air. His howls of pure death. He jumps down from the giant gate in front of me. As he falls the body of the wolf fades into the dust and then theres only a naked man. He walks to me as is sit on the stone broken from the statue of a former god.
Guess they didn't want to tell us anything. A pity wouldnt you say Crimae? Rudra said with a soft spoken tone.
I suppose were both the blame. Your impatience. I suppose mine as well is the blame. Rudra pile up the bodies and burn them. Then burn this place to the ground. I said walking away.
I walk to shine barely standing. I walk up the few stairs it has to a door that has been scared by Rudras claws and broken from the hinges lying diagonal. I place my right hand on the door. In moments itâs full frozen. With a little sign of pressure the door shatters. I walk inside shattering the remain shards of ice left from the door. Itâs dark inside the shrine. I can see only bits and piece from the cracks in the roof where the sunlight hits. There's blood on the walls with scars as well. His nails as a wolf are as sharp as i remember if there's this must damage. He should learn to control his self a little. What am i thinking. Control. I guess he does have a lot of it. Hes normally sleep waiting for the chance to kill someone. Looking around the rubble i don't exactly see what i'm looking for. Just bodies, blood. Some of the bodies look like they suffered and some don't. After a few moments of searching I stop in the middle of the room. I place my left hand on the floor. Emitting rime from my hand. Rapidly freezing the entire area. No more than three seconds and the entire room was frozen. I then emit a different kind of energy deliquescing the entire room. Once the room is deliquesced everything has turned from ice to liquid in a matter of seconds. Now there's nothing in the room in my way troubling my search. The area is completely empty. As i look around i spot a small hidden door on the far left side corner. It looks like a door to a cellar or basement.
I walk over to the door and apply my rime to it. Then shatter it. A hidden stairwell has been revealed. Looks like the priest here were hiding something after all. I touch the stairs and jump down. As i fall down each stair freezes over then is shatter by me. Almost thirty feet down. Hard to say which was faster. The shattering of the ice or me falling. I land into an area with a long corridor The corridor very small. The size of two people walking side by side. At the end of the corridor was a door. A slightly silver, gray door. I walk a few steps further into the corridor. The walls began to open. Slots in the wall were armed with arrows. Arrows began pouring from right to left. Walk a little further and spears came from the ceiling. What would kill a normal man doesn't even slow me down. I walk as if nothing is happening. Through the arrows. Through the spears. Finally at the end of the corridor and the trap devices stop. Spears return to the top of the wall. Arrows slide back into the side walls. I shatter the door at the end of the corridor. Inside i find five priest in front of a statue of a woman name Lady Rosaletta. The priest stare at me riddled with arrows and spear. The thought of how is he still has hit their minds. A human. A beast. Even an ascendant still at least would have taken heavy damage. But i am neither. I am not a human. I am not a beast. I am not a ascendant. In front of the statute lays a box. I can tell it's made from a very valuable iron. The iron is very old and hasn't been used in a while. About fifty years ago i believe. I may have just found what ive been sent to find. The priest see me eyeing the box and step in front armed with spears and sword. You can practically see the fear on their faces. As i get closer to them their bodies tensify. Until finally I reach over their shoulder and grab the box. The second i'm away it seems to give them ease. The box had a silver crest on the lock. The crest was in the shape of a rose. It means only those loyal to lady Rose can open the box. I touch the lock and it instantly falls from the box. The priest are stunned by the effect. Only those sworn to lady Rose can remove the lock so why was this intruder able to take the lock from the box. The priest run pass me down the corridor. I open the box to not what i was expecting. Inside was a handle. More precisely the hilt of a dagger. The hilt was handcrafted by lady Rose and her sister. Lady Marceletta. Not exactly handcrafted. More like made from the energy of the combine two. One was made for lady Rose. The other for lady Marce. This was only a piece of the dagger. I came for the whole thing.
The dagger had a very unique design to it. The symbols meant false sleep. Which was its purpose. The dagger was meant for any ascendant who threatened them or the human population. If stabbed in the heart the ascendant would go into a false death state. A sleep. I picked up the dagger and walk into the corridor. The priest are at the end of the corridor where i fell in. The look confused like somethings wrong. Their scratching at the wall. Well more exact the ice on the walls. The former stairs replaced with pieces of ice. Through my hand i use rime to shoot four shards of ice into four of the priest heads. As they fall the last priest looks at me. His eyes say spare me.
I pull out the hilt of the dagger and ask. Priest what happened to the rest of this dagger?
W..wh.. why would i tell you anything. Your a monster. How did you survive this trap? What are you?â questioned the priest.
I picked the priest up by his shoulder. I removed my left hand and liquefied it. Changing the physical shape of my finger is child's play with what i am. I change my finger into something that resembles a needle. I stick my finger to the priest neck and slide it slowly through.
One puncture won't kill you, but think of five small little puncture to the neck. In the right place of course. I said very softly.
The dagger was broken into piece by lady Rose years ago. It was taken across the region by the silver holy knight. Three. Three pieces He screamed
Silver Knight are still moving around then. I was told they were all dead. Thanks.
I dropped the man and return my finger back to normal. The man stare at me wondering what i was going to do next. I let out a whistle. The man seem stunned. He was confused. A few moments later Rudra landed on the priest crushing his entire body. Rudra let of a huge howl consummating the kill. He grabbed me by the waist and straight up. When we surfaced he change into the the other wolf form he has. A basic wolf. Like the hybrid side where the wolf is like a man. He's now just the wolf of nature. I noticed Rudra scratching his ear.
I said. "Don't tell me you're getting fleas."
He turned his head toward me and growled.
Well then we should be going. We should try to get the other pieces before Azul's wedding.



Oppugnare


© Copyright 2014 Shon (mastersq1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2015497-Lacrimae