*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2015535-Ember-Moves
Rated: E · Other · Personal · #2015535
One of my best friends moved away.

Ember moves

The day sucked.
Waking up in a cold room of my house knowing today was the day I was losing someone. Driving to her house to see it the last time was dreadful.
We swam,played and ate but that didn't matter to me. It was the time when it was down to me and her that mattered.
Sitting on the stairs that we once ran up and down on.Her mom came up around the corner and we went outside to lock the door for the last time. My mom pulls in the driveway and comes out the car door.
Ember comes and hugs me tight we both fall into tears that stops us from breathing calm. We say small things to each other that brings us to puff red faces and closed watery eyes. Small things like plz don't go or your my best friend and I will miss you. We finally let go and we run up to hug each others moms to say goodbye. Both our moms are crying at this point. Me and Ember hug for the last time and cry as I get into the car.
I hold the small plant she gave to me that always grew in her house. I wave goodbye as the car pulls out of the driveway. I see her waving goodbye in tears. It's when we passed the corner Id cryer even harder.
To this day I wish I would have never let go of that hug. But the good thing is I still see her each summer and Christmas. I miss her so much and can't wait to see her again. The small plant is now in my room growing great like our friendship.
© Copyright 2014 Morgankerner (morgankerner at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2015535-Ember-Moves