*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2015629-A-Hallowed-Season
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by diana
Rated: E · Other · Holiday · #2015629
Another season of goblins and witches on the move.
As the seasons change so do people. The moon is suspended by unseen forces as it drifts lazily across the night sky offering up patches of light when shadows grace the path.
Time seems to stand still when darkness seeps in and human nature transcends all that is known.
Just on the outskirts of town there is a cottage hidden behind a forested lake that harbors three young maidens that time forgot, and so did the town!
Left to their own devices they mastered in the black arts and loved it when children wondered too far from home.
All Hallows Eve was upon them and the ovens lit.
The first maiden went out and cast her spell. The forest transformed into a golden pool surrounded by unicorns.
The second maiden spent the golden wheat and set a grand table in front of the cottage for all the children to see.
The last maiden spun silken threads and transformed the sisters into glittering faeries who's music could be heard throughout the town.
It wasn't long before two young children; Greta in a red cape and basket, and Hans with a crossbow and sword, wandered into the enchanted forest to glimpse the unicorns and spy the feast that awaited the unsuspecting children. The witches stood at the door waving and singing for them to approach the table.
Hans filled his bag with chocolates and creams and Greta decided on jelly beans.
The witches stood at the window and watched as they filled their bags, giggling and cackling among themselves.
At the center of the table sat a bowl of golden apples. Hans and Greta decided they would each take one.
As each lifted an apple from the bowl the spell slowly dwindled away and what remained was the old cottage and a dark forest blocking their way back home.
The three witches appeared on the doorstep in true form. Three young maidens with coal black hair, shabby dresses and dirty faces.
"So we finally meet, Sir Hans and Greta!" said the first.
"We've been at this for ages, waiting for you two to finally show!" said another.
"And now it's time for our revenge, the ovens are waiting!" said the last.
Just as they jumped from the porch Hans pulled his sword from the his coat and lopped the first witches head off.
Greta threw the golden apple at the second witch and she went up in flames.
The third witch was angry and crying. As she lunged for Greta, Hans leveled his cross bow and shot a golden arrow through her heart, and the third witch vanished.
Hans and Greta emptied their bags and found several rocks of coal and stone rolling across the grass, and the single golden apple.
"Time to go home Greta," said Hans.
"Yeah," She looked around the forest and glanced at the cottage. "Let's make sure."
Hans looked at the cottage and picked up the pieces of coal.
They open the two oven doors and tossed in the enchanted coal and ran from the cottage as fast as they could.
After several minutes the cottage exploded and glowing pumpkins flew through the dark sky landing over the town.
"What about the apple?" asked Greta.
"Keep it in the basket. I have a feeling the night isn't over yet!" said Hans
"Ole Mister Peepers?" asked Greta.
'No. Mrs. Peepers. She was their mother!"
Hans and Greta made their way back to town and joined the other children for a night of Halloween fun....until next time!
© Copyright 2014 diana (diane60 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2015629-A-Hallowed-Season