*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2015779-The-Peanut-Butter-Troll
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #2015779
"The Peanut Butter Troll" a Green Door Story. It's a work in progress.
The Peanut Butter Troll
By
J.S.S.


Creeeeaaaaakkkkk. Went the skinny, green door as it opened, it’s diamond doorknob glittering in the moonlight. A cool silver light spilled out of the crack as it opened wider and the air became rich with the smell of grass and freshly turned soil. A soft padded sound came through the door, swish,swish,swish,swish,swish,swish,swish. It was the sound of someone running through tall grass. Each second the footsteps became louder than the one before it, yet they were still muffled and faint, the sound of a rabbit running. Thud, thud,thud,thud,thud,thud,thud. A cool breeze blew through as a shadow filled the door, as the shadow came nearer it began to shrink, what had at first looked like a giant, was now no bigger than a small child. His nose was long and stuck out of his head like banana. His ears, too, were over sized and round, and his skin was brown, the color of a walnut and just as rough. His name was Peeayah; he was a Peanut Butter Troll.
He ran breathlessly through the eerie green door and slammed it shut behind him. He pressed his back against it, and slid himself to the ground. “Take deep breaths, Peeayah, take deep breaths just like they taught you in 3rd. Grade industry.” He breathed in a deep gulp of the dusty air and shuddered at what had nearly happened. The thick,dark blue fur that covered his arms, legs, and back was standing on end, like a cat that had just encountered it’s first dog. “What am I going to do? Think Peeayah! Think!” tears began to form in his almond shaped eyes and a sob filled his throat. “What am I going to do?” he whispered one more time and he cried himself to sleep.
The next morning

“Hellooo!” came the voice followed by a sharp jab at his shoulder. “Wake up! You snore so loud!” poke,poke. “Who are you?”

Peeayah, opened his eyes with a start, closing them quickly again as the sunlight blinded him, and he ran…..WAHBAM!…..right, smack, into the wall. “I’M SORRY!” he screamed, “I’M SO,SO SORRY! PLEASE DON’T HURT ME!!!” he curled himself into a ball and awaited his doom.

“Hurt you? I’m not going to hurt you! Besides, you’re bigger than me, I probably couldn’t do much damage to you if I tried.” The voice was small and curious.

Peeayah raised his arms from where he had wrapped them around his head and peaked between them. “You, you’re not a Gaarlik!” he was looking at what had to be a small child, not much older than himself, but what was it? It’s face was flat compared to everyone else he had ever seen, it’s nose tiny and round. It’s ears were equally as small, and it only had hair on it’s head and above it’s eyes. His skin was soft and very pale. It was the ugliest creature Peeayah had ever seen.
© Copyright 2014 JSS1585 (joseph1585 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2015779-The-Peanut-Butter-Troll