*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2015941-A-Common-Knight
Rated: ASR · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #2015941
When people tell her she can't be a Knight, Faye decides that she would prove them wrong.
Her feet dangling over a cliffs edge, Faye looked out over the at the ships and the fishing boats coming at their last haul of the day. Inches away from falling to her death with a careless move or a shift of a rock, but she wasn't worried. Behind her stood a castle full of people hustling everywhere, and working hard. She couldn't hear the talk but over it all she could hear the ringing of blacksmiths going about their work. She felt the sea wind against her face, she closed her eyes, tilted her head back and enjoyed the feeling of freedom.

Onlookers that could see her without fear of falling would be able to see a face alight with life and fire, framed by long black hair and when she opened her eyes, dark brown almost black eyes that drilled through your very soul.

They told her she couldn't do it, they said no one would help her. They said only wealthy men, such as nobles or wealthy merchants can be knights, well she's going to show them. She'd prove them you can be female, a commoner and still be part of the elite group of knights, then she would come back and stuff it into their faces.

As the bell ran 6 o'clock, she jumped to her feet, hearing a gasp somewhere behind her as she was barely a step away from the edge, ignoring it she ran down the path. It was time everyone got off work, making paths clogged and stuffed with people, purses heavy with coins ripe for the
picking, which meant it was time she got to work. She left the cliff and the castle behind her in the dust, she sprinted into the city Caroy.




Ducking into the crowd Faye slipped through, grabbing purses as she went. She got her hand on a particularly difficult to get wallet when a heavy hand grabbed her wrist "Oi!!"
Someone snarled into her face, a face with a mouth full of cracked and broken teeth and heavy brows, grinning in return she turned on her heel, snapping out her foot into his side, causing him to stumble as he crashed into a stand.

The crowd erupted yelling
"Hey!" The heavy set man picked himself back up.
Then with a far more menacing collection syllabus of "THIEF!"
As people found their missing wallets and joined in on the yelling, Faye knew it was time to leave, she glanced around, black hair covering her face as her eyes darted side to side seeking an exit.

Looking down one alley way she saw a gap, dodging through the crowd she ran away leaving many an unhappy pedestrians poorer.


With one last glance behind her Faye stopped and bent over wheezing, unknown to her someone stepped out of the shadows down further into the alley
"That was sloppy Faye, he caught ye' an ye' would have been to the cells in a snap." The voice dripped with false disappointment.
"What if ye' had been caught, tisk tisk, I would have had to break you out myself. " With that a boy walked into the full light revealing blond hair covering up an eye the colour of baby blue, the face oozed innocent but she knew it was anything but. Faye looked up her eyes full of mischief "Ay cept you would have been in the cell next to me."
With that she tackled him down to the ground a mischievous grin on her face "ELIOTH!"
Laughing they both stood up dusting themselves off, when they heard footsteps running up back from the direction of the street their heads shot up.
Faye grabbed Elioth's arm before yelling "RUN!"
And with that they bolted.




© Copyright 2014 Midgie99 (midgie99 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2015941-A-Common-Knight