*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2016407-Oct-30---Protagonist-Change--Interview
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Rayyna
Rated: ASR · Outline · Fantasy · #2016407
Protagonist Interview and Changes for Cinra NaNo Novel
As part of "October Novel Prep Challenge

Protagonist Change
Describe in detail how your protagonist has changed from the beginning of the story to the end. If you created a protagonist profile, devise before-and-after versions.

When Vince set out on this journey, he was unsure of himself and his place in the world. He was deep within a cowardly person, and fairly angry at himself over it as well. He saw problems in the world, but had no idea how to even begin to help with such a far reaching problem. Now, he has changed a great deal. He has something real to fight for, rather than just an amorphous disgust with how things are going. And that 'something real' has given him the courage to stand up for what he believes in. Now, rather than simply going with the flow and letting others dictate what is right and wrong, he will protect his own and stand for their safety in a world out to get them. Gaining this courage is a giant leap for Vince, and one he needed to take.

While he may not fully understand everything that is wrong in the world, much less how to fix it, he has discovered at least one step in that journey. He is no longer the clueless mercenary with no direction, but now has a goal and an idea about how to begin to achieve that goal. Purpose has created a much stronger man in Vince than he ever was before. He is not the follower that he began as, but now something of a beacon and a leader, pushing the fight back against the oppression.

BONUS: Protagonist Interview

You are a journalist. The story of your novel is complete. Interview your protagonist and ask the following questions:

1. How did the events of your story change you?

I'm not as afraid as I once was. Well, I'm still afraid, but I can accept that fear and know that I have the strength to overcome it, to work through it, and to struggle against the things that need to be fought. I don't let things that are inherently wrong go on just because I don't think i can do anything about them, because, well, I know I CAN do something about it, no matter how small. I am just one man, but if the movement sees me as a leader, then damnit, I'm going to lead them.

2. How is life for you now?

Life is definitely much harder now. I'm no longer a safe, boring, Fire Aspect. Now, I am intrinsically tied in with the Dark Aspects, branded a traitor in the eyes of many. I am in hiding, or on the run, more often than not. But I am now certain that I know right from wrong, and that it is a fight worth fighting for.
© Copyright 2014 Rayyna (rayyna at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2016407-Oct-30---Protagonist-Change--Interview