*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2016481-Rain
Rated: 13+ · Other · Dark · #2016481
One night, a teen finds himself injured and immobile.
Rain:

Rain. All I remember is rain. Cold, wet rain falling onto me. I lay there conscious, but I couldn't move.I felt a numb pain in my torso, that abruptly stopped at my waist. I was certain I couldn't move. Fingers? Fine. Arms? Yes. Neck? Working fine. Legs?

No.

It wasn't my entire body. Only my legs couldn't move. Why? I try to remember how I had gotten like this. Suddenly, I remembered. I had fallen. From...

My roof.

I had landed somewhat on my feet. But.... I slipped! Not like I wouldn't have slipped had I landed directly on them. Stupid Washington weather... nothing but rain. Had I landed on my feet,I would have slipped anyway. Then another thought occurred to me. Why did I go up to the roof anyways? Ah, right. My family was arguing, and I wanted to get away from it. Plus, I kind of liked the rain. I decided to go up through the attic, where there was actually a ladder mounted on the house for access to the roof. Then I realized something. That had been 5 O'Clock, and that was still about 2 hours to sunset. Now it was pitch black. How long had I been out? Surely, someone would've seen me by now.

Right?

It suddenly occurred to me that I should probably attempt to yell for help. Maybe wake up a neighbor's dog. However, when I tried to yell, I found that I couldn't. I then realized my mouth had been taped, and my hands were bound. The bounds were easy to slip out of however, and I quickly tried to remove the tape from my mouth. Suddenly, I heard the sound of a car door opening and footsteps approaching me. Someone to help me? I turned towards the sound and tried my best to make my voice audible over the heavy rainfall.

I was met with the gaze of a man in a black raincoat, wielding a knife in his hand, and burlap sack in the other. I felt my stomach flip, and my body froze In fear. As I rolled and scrambled around on the ground, I heard a pleased chuckle from the figure, who obviously took delight in watching me squirm in fear. I was grabbed by the legs rather quickly, as to stop my squirming and to pull me back towards him. I was pulled up to my knees, and as I knelt I felt my hands being re-tied, this time with a thin chain rather than rope. As the burlap sack was placed over my head, and I heard the sound of the man's knife being swept across the pavement, using it as a makeshift sharpening stone. I felt a cold hand creep around my shoulder, up my neck, to my mouth, and another being raised to my neck, where a cold, sharp object was being gripped. As I felt the cold steel of the blade slowly glide across my neck....

I woke up.
© Copyright 2014 Nikolai Patyechev (nikol99 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2016481-Rain