*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2016485-oct-30
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #2016485
protagonist profiles and changes required
Thursday, Oct. 30

Required: Protagonist Change ▼



Describe in detail how your protagonist has changed from the beginning of the story to the end. If you created a protagonist profile, devise before-and-after versions.






What is interesting about the change in my protagonist is that it is not necessarily the same woman. The story weaves from Sarah, Matilda, to Mary. Each in their own part of the story is the protagonist. That being said the changes are as follows:



Sarah begins the story as an unborn infant. Her mother was eight months pregnant with her when they moved from New York to the country. As a child she was a member of a seemingly happy family. The secret that she did not know was how lonely and miserable. Sarah found her mother hanging from the clothes line. Later she was mistreated by an alcoholic father, Lee and Jack made her trade sexual favors for things from their friends, and then marries J.J. at thirteen. Her new husband was run off by the family leaving her alone and pregnant. She ends up finding Willow. She lived in the coven until she died when the coven was burned.



Next generation protagonist is Matilda. She was born in the coven. Her mother was Sarah. She married Damion whose mother moved there when he was two months old. The two was raised in the coven together, they were married, and birthed their twin daughters in rituals performed by Willow. Matilda meets Rev. Dallas. The family leaves the coven and raises the girls as Christians. Matilda has to step out of her Christianity at one point to pray for the safety of one of her daughters.



The last generation protagonist is Matilda’s daughter Mary. Mary is a twin to Mercy. She chooses to follow Christianity. She has to challenge her sister because Mercy craved the power that her ancestors offered as witches. Mary was at the burning of the coven. She burned Sarah, Anna, and Mercy along with all the inhabitants of the community of witches.




© Copyright 2014 Ida_Matilda_Wright Help (writing_life at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2016485-oct-30