*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2016553-Halloween-Night
Rated: E · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #2016553
It's safe outside during Halloween, right?
The dark haired boy ran through forest, his breath quick and inefficient, but adrenaline kept him going. The branches of the dark, looming pines left scrapes across his face, but adrenaline kept him going. He tripped over a sharp object, and pain shot through his leg, but adrenaline kept him going. If only he could reach the meadow, if only he could get out of the woods...

All he wanted was to get out of the woods...

Suddenly, something reached out from behind a tree; it knocked him over like he was nothing.\
His shoulder smashed against a rock.
Pain overcame the abnormal amount of adrenaline coursing through his body, and he lay still, looking up.
He faced the creature that had been chasing him for what felt like hours.

IT was tall. Too tall...
Long, thin arms with tentacle-like fingers reached for him...
But it wasn't that, nor the legs with feetless stumps, that scared him.

The face. The pink, fleshy face...

The eyes. The massive, penetrating eyes...

The grin. The wicked, evil grin...

The teeth... crooked... jagged... teeth... must... run...

"How do you like my Halloween costume, big brother?" Penny asked cheerfully.
© Copyright 2014 Ebil Bunny (eb1l_8unny at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2016553-Halloween-Night