*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2016659-Spyro-Stuff
by 9955
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Other · #2016659
Any feedback on improvement would be great! :>
Moonlight shimmered across the lake surrounded by trees that gave off bright purple, camouflaging a certain lone dragon drinking off it. Since the sun rose, Spyro had been searching for her, alas no hope came.

A sudden shriek then interrupted the midnight peace, startling Spyro causing creatures scurrying to and fro. No doubt it was her. Cynder. Paranoid thoughts flooded his mind, thinking of what could happen. Fear surged into his mind. He sprang his hind legs towards the sky with a forceful jolt, flapping his wings harder than he could possibly have, soaring towards the vicinity of the shriek.

Within a matter of seconds, he reached close over a cliff, hearing many angry shouts. When he was close enough, he spotted a squad of dragons surrounding Spyroâs lost love, the black amongst the white, closing in on her as she backed towards the edge. âFilthy villain! Dispose of her!â shouted one the many angry. Too weak from the beating, she was steps away from falling to her death without strength to carry her wings.

âThereâs the real villain! The purple dragon!â another one alarmed, sighting with his sharp eyes the fade of purple closing in.

âIt wasnât him! Please! Donât hurt us!â Cynder cried, with a gush of tears rolled down her glittery eyes, flowing onto the many lacerations and bruises.

Within the sight, Spyro filled with rage with raising animosity towards the crowd.

âFinish her.â

Without hesitation, a dragon slowly approached her with intention of slicing her neck with sharp claws.

âWait! No! You all misunderstood!â desperation filled in to keep herself alive, despite her weak voice noticeably draining out.

All eyes were upon her as Cynder came closer to her death, nearly slipping off the edge, spotting how high she was from sea level. Watery eyes looked upon the dragons, saying, âYou all donât understand.â Without second thoughts, she dragged herself with much effort to lean off the edge and fall.

The crowd cheered, believing she would enter deathâs door in matters of seconds upon impact with hard ground, eagerly scurrying towards the drop and watched with delight and relief, while others sprang from the cliff to head towards Spyro.

Cynder continued weeping tears and made silent sobs, knowing this was the end for her; oblivious he had seen it all. Falling endlessly to depths unknown, her sight became a blur, eyelids closing over its heaviness.

Spyroâs eyes dilated as he watched, snapping out of his incredulousness and dived downwards with a sudden burst in acceleration. His veins surged intensely and coursed throughout his body, breathing heavier each time. Focus and determination in his eyes, letting his elements take over.

Grey clouds quickly formed with strong winds picking up. Within seconds, they blocked the only light that gave sight to those in the forest. Leaves rustled and branches swayed violently. Out of the blue, lightning stroke an unlucky tree, giving off immense light for the split second, before thunder shattered through the forest giving shock to those hearing it.

Despite such power shown, the aggrieved dragons were heading hard towards him, no doubts on backing out as Spyro spiraled towards the falling hopeless with faith of saving her. His spiral immediately formed a mini tornado around it, increasing his acceleration with no limits.

However, slowly, he calmed down, as his senses felt light, taking in slow deep breaths while keeping his eyes closed. Motion became slower although his mind and body wasnât. He was manipulating time.

The chasing dragons saw as he came and went, surpassing them in a short amount of time, reaching the cliff to make a tight angle bend perpendicular to the ground, closing in on the unconscious Cynder and pointy sharp ground ready to break her bones within seconds. He was too fast.

Realizing he was rapidly bellying up to her, he spread his wings wide enough to retard his speed, golden-scaled stomach parallel to the floor. Bright yellow claws surfaced Cynderâs paws, slightly pressed within seconds. Swiftly, he clenched their paws and intertwined their tales, before giving his wings one mighty flap to bring them back up.








© Copyright 2014 9955 (simpletoms at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2016659-Spyro-Stuff