*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2017101-Allie-and-the-abused-baby-Hound-Dog
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Animal · #2017101
You would love to read this book if you love dogs, saving dogs, and fiction stories.Thanks
Once there was a girl named Allie. She loved dogs and earned money walking them, Dogsitting them, and volunteering in dog pounds and Adoption centers. She was trying to make enough money to buy a dog of her own, but they were $600.00 that she didn't have. She went out to walk dogs every morning at 6:00 am so she wouldn't be late for school, and she walked 3 dogs at a time, to save time and earn extra money. One morning one of her clients was walking the dog for himself, "What are you doing sir?" asked Allie. "Walking my OWN Dog. Your service was horrible!" "What?" "Even a blind man could walk a dog better than you 13 year old!" "I'm fourteen…" she said moping over to the next house. (Later that night...) "Allie dinner is ready!" shouted Allies mom. " Coming!" Replied Allie. They all ate their Chicken Stew, Mashed Potatoes, And carrots. "Mom?" Allie asked as she helped herself to more food. "Yes dear?" "Today Mr. Jacob was walking Dandy, And i asked him why, and he shot me a nasty look and told me a blind man could walk a dog better than me! And He called me thirteen!" She said looking sad and guilty. " Sweetie, Mr. Jacob has and always will be a nasty rude old man. Don't listen to him! its one person out of 7 billion and counting who hates you." Replied her mother as she dialed his number to call him and tell him off. " He hates me?!" Asked Allie about to cry. " Oh here goes the hormone show!" Said her dad. " Be quiet dad!" She said as she dropped her fork and stomped into her room. " Frank!" yelled Allies mom. " Sorry…" Said Her Dad. Allie was going through a lot of that hormone stuff. She was easily annoyed, Angry, And sad. When she got sad like that, She always checked how much money she earned to cheer her up. She opened the drawer moved all the candy wrappers and hair stuff to the side and opened her money stash. " AAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!" She screamed as her parents dropped their forks and phone and ran into her room . " WHAT HAPPENED?" They both asked at the same time. " I HAVE SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS AND 55 CENTS!!!!!!" She screamed. " Wow!" Said Her Mom. " Congrats Al!" Said Her Dad. " Frank please drive her to the dog shelter." Said Her mom. " Ok Babe, we'll be home soon." Said Her Dad as they got into the car. " Thanks so much Dad!" Said Allie. " You earned it baby!" They turned into the parking lot of the dog pound and ran in. " Welcome, how may i help you?" Asked the Secretary. " Umm I would like a puppy." Said Allie. " Ok darling." She replied . She took them into a room full of barking dogs and iron cages. " SHH!" She said. As the dogs all calmed down. She walked them through the hallways full of dogs barking and scratching the cage, and chewing toys. They made it through there and went to the puppy cages. " OH MY GOSH!" said Allie. " ITS PERFECT!". She put her hands on the glass to a baby hound dogs cage. " Im warning you sweetie, Callie here has been abused. When she was a newborn they found her being thrown out of the door and stomped on and dying. She had to go to the emergency vet department and got saved. She is very scarred and you must be VERY very careful." Said the secretary. " I will be!" Said Allie. " You sure sweetie??" Asked Her Dad. " Of course!" she said looking into his eyes very seriously. " AWW SHES SO CUTE!" Said Allie as she held the little potato sized puppy in a towel in her arms. She took her home and showed her Mom. They grew up and became best friends. She taught Callie how to waddle, sit, roll over, and play dead. She walked Callie played with her, and potty trained her. Callie died in 2009, from a heart attack of a flashback memory and age. They threw her a funeral and Were very very sad. TO BE CONTINUED...
© Copyright 2014 PickleSheep (giselle573 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2017101-Allie-and-the-abused-baby-Hound-Dog