*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2017849-NSTP-Catapulting-YOU-to-Nation-Building
Rated: E · Assignment · Activity · #2017849
This talks about National Service Training Program,and how it helps the students.
NSTP: Catapulting Every DYCIan Towards Nation-Building


"One becomes a hero when he rises above his own needs on order to attend to the needs of the community", awe-inspiring words from an Anglo-Saxon poem "Beowulf".

We are gravitating on a battlefield called life. Moreover, there are humps and bumps that measures the capacity of us humans on how we will stand firm and continue to struggle for us to transcend these borders. And that's the purpose of the National Service Training Program (NSTP). This program works hand-in-hand with the institution towards molding us,  the youths of today, to live up with the integrity of purpose. It aims to develop leaders with sensitive and a compassionate heart that will stand out above the rest. NSTP serves as a tool that persistently propelled the "concerned citizens" within us.

Some of the tangible manifestations that NSTP is an effective tool that embark the young leaders within us is the emergency bag provided by the NSTP students that was disseminated to the community in line with ahead preparations for the upcoming typhoons. Truly, this intrepid project was a great help to the community people, and to the NSTP students as well, for it fired up our duty for social responsibility.

Another was the seminar conducted by the Dangerous Drugs Board, that impart knowledge about Drug Awareness. This was a big stride that guided us students to the right path, opening our eyes with the reality that drug addiction is evitable and that it will bring us to no good.

On the other side of the coin, these unprecedented NSTP activities would mean nothing, if we, juveniles, doesn't put into our hearts and minds the true and genuine values behind these pursuits. We should always bear in mind that we must not live for oneself alone. Life is a double-edged dagger. We'll reap, in due time, what we have sown. Remember that NSTP  is an avenue for us to develop our skills. As an addendum, we should allow our sensitive and compassionate heart heed to the call of the people.

The quest is over, yet the battle is on. It is now time for us to put into action the values planted within us by our dearest institution, intertwined with the NSTP. Triumph lies in our hands, and we have the freewill to decide what path we are going to take. Our choices today may break or trail paths for tomorrow.
© Copyright 2014 Lurking Thoughts (carolynbrillo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2017849-NSTP-Catapulting-YOU-to-Nation-Building