*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2018321-The-Blizzard-February-1
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Teen · #2018321
I was cold,my hands stung with pain from the freezing air.
FEBRUARY 1

8:00 P.M.
         I was cold, my hands stung with pain from the freezing air. The only warmth I had was coming from Rebecca, who was lying next to me. It has been fifteen days since it started and is hasn’t stopped. We are trapped and there is no way out. Snow blocks everything, you could still hear the wind howling outside. The eeriness of the howling wind in the dead silence is something that I will never forget. Thorough this whole event I have kept this log, hoping that if we are not to make it out of here, that someone will find it and tell our story.
         There are ten of us here, and we have been through so much. They still believe that we will make it out, but more and more I think they're wrong. What they do not understand is that there is no one looking for us, with this storm still going we may be dead before it passes. We have already lost so many and more shall follow. With each day that passes the closer we come to our fate. We have two days left in our food supply, and after that we will either starve or freeze to death. I pray every night hoping that something will save us. I am beginning to lose faith.
         I was tasked to protect them, they put their faith in me and I have failed them. I could have done better, I could have saved us from this fate. It was my fault that we are barely hanging on. I should have told what I saw coming sooner, but instead I kept it to myself because I was not sure it was going to happen. Now look where I am stuck in a dorm room with ten other people with a historic blizzard raging outside with no sign of stopping. They are going to die because of me, the one I love most is going to die because of me. I made the mistake of thinking it was a computer error or that the forecast would change. I thought it would just snow a few inches and be done. I was wrong, twenty feet of snow and temperatures below zero is how wrong I was. With that mistake, we are going to die.
© Copyright 2014 jungurait8 (jungurait8 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2018321-The-Blizzard-February-1