*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2018835-My-Soul-and-the-Beach
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Activity · #2018835
What I experienced in nature on the Florida coast
         Dragging my rainbow colored beach chair along the vine covered pathway to the beach I am overcome with the sense of immediate loss of stress. Loud crashing and crackling waves slam into each other like teenagers in a mosh pit. The sand crunching under my feet, my toes digging deep to push me forward.
         Finally, my spot in the sand has found me. Seagulls hovering over their daily buffet and chasing one another down and up again for the morsel found like aerial acrobats. Pelicans flying high together forming a dark wavy ribbon of feathers. Sanderlings running by the oceans edge quickly escaping the crashing waves with a the swiftness of a child escaping the grasp of a mothers hand to find fun. The hum of the mechanical bird high in the ether cutting through the boom of the water below.
         This feels like happiness and I stay here as long as the hot eye in the sky will allow me.
© Copyright 2014 Christine Perry (christineperry at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2018835-My-Soul-and-the-Beach