*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2019569-The-creation-of-a-living-weapon
Rated: 18+ · Monologue · Dark · #2019569
This shows the night in which Light escaped his testing facility.
The birds chirp above me as I wander through the forest outside Starmage, winter and the end of the year comes close. Yet still I wander shirtless, with the coat of my school uniform draped over my shoulders. I click my tongue and run a hand down the tattoos that cover my neck and upper body.

http://static.zerochan.net/Gunji.full.423922.jpg

These ink drawings, are enchanted with magic. They serve as limiters to my power, the less of them present on me the more powerful I get. I've learned this by myself, alongside with my other powers. You see it's often known that only females can use the power of magic, but I'm the exception to the rule.

Magic flows in my blood, and yet I can't use it like a typical witch. I must shed my blood while thinking of what it can do, hence the many scars that adorn my wrists and hands. But yet I still live, thanks to my ability to heal from any wound.

But these powers, were forced upon me. Most of my life was spent in isolation from the outside world, up until the past year and a half at least.

I try not to think about those times, the colour white was all I knew then. Everything was clean, and polished. A lab with people inside it, and far too often I heard the sounds of my own screams.


Blood was injected into me several times, to see if magic would take root within me. Time and again, to see if I could have the power they desired me to have. The people there weren't very nice, they didn't give me an actual name you see. I was given the name "Project: Light Killer"

I can remember hearing hushed whispers from the people who tested me, about how they wished to create the ultimate weapon. One that could mask itself into modern society, and never be slain in battle.

They wanted an powerful weapon, well they got it. But there was one problem, even though the magic in my blood was accepted. I still couldn't cast it, not to mention I couldn't read the bloody spellbooks. They never taught me how to read or write in the first place.

So one day, a witch visited my cell. I was tied up and restrained in my bed before she came in of course. I can't really remember what she looked like, she was looking down at me with the light over her. I thought she might have been an angel, but I was wrong. She just looked me over up and down and left without saying a word to me.


"How is the progress?" I heard her say outside my cell, talking with a man in a white lab coat.

"Well in terms of proper spellcasting ability, progress has come to a halt. But we have a workaround on that."

"Explain?"

I then heard a rustle of paper and the man said "We install this near his heart, this machine will allow him to constantly regenerate his blood. We believe that if our calculations are correct then he can shed his blood, have magic applied to said blood and then allow him to regenerate his wound near instantly. This would also allow him to fight in pitched battles with ease."

What happened next was I was put under, and when I awoke again I was the same room. I looked down, past my restraints. And there was a large scar near my heart, and then suddenly black ink appeared near there.

My eyes went wide, I struggled only for the loudspeaker to say "Calm yourself Light Killer, the ink will not harm you. It is there to merely restrict your powers." in a monotone voice.


I stopped, and stayed still as the tattoos formed over my upper body. I didn't feel any different though, most likely because I had not been moving.

Time went on, and so did my sanity erode. I felt something....primal within me, rage and anger. And it came to a head one day when.....

"Feeding time Light Killer." said a man who walked into my room, he was a scientist with a trolley with food. But he didn't know, and then he died.

I had broken my restraints, unknowingly my madness had allowed my tattoos to erode. The man let out a scream and tried to bolt for the door, only I grabbed his head with my right hand. What was left of his head was a gooey paste as I crushed his skull against the wall, his body slumping down dead.


I then ripped the door off it's hinges, and instantly a loud alarm blared through the facility. "ALERT ALERT!!!! LIGHT KILLER HAS BEEN FREED!!!! LETHAL FORCE ALLOWED!!! HE MUST NOT ESCAPE THE FACLITY!!!!"

Just then a couple of armed guards entered the hallway, with assault rifles that fired lasers. I was only wearing a pair of white trousers, and I rushed at them. The blood on my right hand dripping on the floor as I ran at them.

In an instant I grabbed the nearest one, I then tore into his neck with my left hand. Spreading gore and blood onto the nearby wall, I tossed him behind me. The guard opened fire, and a searing hot laser beam hit my heart. I stumbled back, only to look down and notice the wound was healing. At a very fast rate.

The guard was also shocked, and ran off screaming. I lept and grabbed him by the head, crushing it between my hands like a grape.

Then as I entered the next room three witches attacked me, behind them a large number of guards like the previous two I just slayed. I was driven by madness, my teeth grinding. My stance primal and raring. "Spare the subject if at all possible." I heard one witch saying.

I won't go into detail about the fight that ensued, all I will say is this. There was blood, lots of it. It was then that I discovered how I could use the magic that I had, my arm had been sliced open during the multi person melee. The blood dripped onto the floor and made a hissing sound, like that of acid.

The thoughts in my head turned to that of fire, suddenly the blood which trickled down my arm before healing turned to flickers of fire.

I escaped that facility, rushing into the nearby forest. I ran and kept doing it, not looking back. I later stopped and climbed up a tree, the full moon in view as I lied atop a huge branch.

I found it's light to be....comforting, and the forest too. A far cry from the labs I had just escaped, it was all so new to me. And the rest is a blur till I met my friend Ryan Carlson, the man I have sworn to fight by his side no matter what.


I'm snapped out of my musing by a bear growling behind me, I turn around and glare at it. I crack my knuckles and mutter "You want a piece of me?"

The bear then stopped, and huffed before slowly backing away. I kept my eyes on it till it left.
I then shake my head and look up, it's getting late. I should head back to the dorm now.


But if I ever find the people who did this to me, they will suffer for it. I can promise you all that. Little did I know that under that facility, now torched and abandoned. Was a young woman in a capsule, who's purpose of creation was to aid me.....
© Copyright 2014 deus001 (deus001 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2019569-The-creation-of-a-living-weapon