*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2019949-Sally-saw
Rated: E · Other · Teen · #2019949
Character description
Sally Jones woke up. She came from an ordinary town and lived in an ordinary house. She had an ordinary routine. Get up, get ready, eat breakfast, go to school, come home from school, do her homework, eat dinner, watch TV, go to bed. But Sally was quite extraordinary. She wasn't extraordinary like the way we all want to be, having superpowers like being able to fly or having superhuman strength or even making people agree with her. Sally was extraordinary in the tiny insignificant details we don't see everyday.

Sally saw. And that was quite simply it, she saw. She saw the man who was hurt by the other person he was talking to on the phone, she saw if people were scared or lonely, worried or upset. Sally saw what everyone else didn't see.

She saw the little girl who was being bullied and didn't tell anyone. She saw the boy who wanted to play football but couldn't because he was to shy to ask. She saw the nervous teacher on her first day of the new job. She saw how the worried headmaster was because the school was being shut down.

Sally saw. Sally noticed and Sally tried to make in right. She helped the little girl have enough confidence to tell someone what was going on. She helped the boy ask to play football. She helped the teacher by giving her small smiles and trying to participate in the lesson. She helped the headmaster by handing out leaflets about the school closure.

Sally saw and Sally helped. That's what made her extraordinary.
© Copyright 2014 minniemouse (mariacatherine at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2019949-Sally-saw