*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2020783-The-Clock
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #2020783
Time Freezes for James
In an instant James noticed that something had changed in the environment around him, but he still couldn't tell what. Almost everything seemed normal, but something was slightly off, something was missing. What was it? He looked around, tapping his nose with the tip of his pencil. The furniture was definitely the same; a boring old table with a bunch of lame ass chairs all around it. The homework that lay on the table hadn't changed either. It still demanded him to find out whatever the hell x + 5 = 98 was. What was different, though?

The pencil slipped out of his hand and clattered on the floor, loudly, much more loudly than it should have. Euphoria struck James's face. The clock. The old grandfather clock in the corner of the room, it wasn't ticking anymore. It must have broken or something. He looked up at the thing.

The pendulum was suspended in mid-air.

"What?"

He got up and opened the grandfather clock to take a closer look. The pendulum was indeed, frozen in mid-air, something that was impossible, but it couldn't possibly be impossible because here it was, right in front of him.
© Copyright 2014 gts ponies (gtsponies at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2020783-The-Clock