*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2020816-Salvadore-The-Christmas-Teddy-Bear
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #2020816
Story about a Teddy Bear who feels lonely at Christmas.
} Pandora was entering her Sophmore year of high school. She decided it was time to make her room look more grown up. She grabbed two of her dolls and put them in a box to take up to the attic. She grabbed Salvadore. He was her Teddy Bear she had gotten for Christmas when she was five years old. A gift from Santa Claus. Yeah right. She quit believing in Santa years ago. Salvadore was a gift from Santa. He was there by the tree on Christmas morning and Pandora's parents thought a relative had left it for Pandora. It had a tag with Pandora's name on it. Her father had named her Pandora and when the Pandora bracelet came out, her parents bought her one. It included a Teddy Bear charm as well as baby shoes charms, birth stone and a ballerina charm. Pandora put Salvadore in the big box along with her dolls and games she had outgrown.

Pandora's mother asked her: "What's this? Why is Salvadore in the box?"

"I am cleaning up my room. It is time to make it look like a teen-ager's room."

"Salvadore is a teen-age toy and special to you. You loved him everywhere when you were a girl."

Pandora thought of when she took Salvadore to the beach. She used to take him for a ride in her red wagon and kid's wheel barrow. She had tea parties with him. She even played pirates with him and cowboys and Indians.She had him outside with her when she made snowmen. She sighed. She was growing up. She took the box to the attic and put Salvadore on top of a old night stand by the window. Salvadore was so sad. This room was full of camping stuff, Christmas things, old clothes, and boxes of things.

Pandora hugged Salvadore. "You are my favorite toy. I am grown up now. I will always love you."

Pandora left. Salvadore didn't like this room. The night time was scary. He started to cry. The dolls told him to be quiet. He got to sit on a night stand and Pandora said he loved him. The dolls were jealous. Salvadore couldn't even leave the room. He couldn't reach the door knob. Three months later, Pandora went up to the attic to haul down Christmas stuff with her parents. She said "Hello" to Salvadore bit left him in the room. Salvadore cried.

IT MUST BE CLOSE TO CHRISTMAS. Salvadore smiled and dried his tears. He used to spy on Santa and he left Pandora's room on Christmas Eve. She left her door open. Being stuck in the attic, he wouldn't see Santa.

Christmas Eve. Salvadore heard noises on the roof. Santa! Salvadore ran to the window. It was Santa and his reindeer. Salvadore pecked at the window. Santa saw him. Santa opened the window.

"Take me with you. Pandora doesn't want me anymore. She won't miss me. Santa, I don't like this room."

"It is okay, little friend. I can't take you with me but you can go with me to deliver gifts. You are special to Pandora. My elves made you for her."

"Oh! I forgot. I like your offer. I would love to ride in your sleigh."

Santa grabbed Salvadore and put him in his sleigh beside him. Salvadore got hot chocolate and cookies. He got to ride the reindeer and he was so happy. He got to pet the reindeer and they liked him. He fed them carrots. He loved seeing the Christmas moon The ride in the sleigh was fun as they went high in the sky. The two elves with Santa were nice to him, too. It was getting late and Santa's journey was over.Santa took Salvadore home and Salvadore hugged him and thanked him. Santa promised him a special gift on Christmas morning. Salvadore didn't mind being in the room that night.

The next morning Pandora got up and the family opened their gifts. Pandora got clothes, new CD's, perfume, a necklace and a bracelet. She noticed a huge stocking with a bear on it that had Salvadore's name on it.

"Mother. Is this a joke? Did you do this?"

"No. Maybe Santa'." Pandora's mother laughed.

"Very funny."

Pandora got the stocking off the hearth. There were clothes inside the stocking to fit her Teddy Bear. A Santa Claus suit, Santa boots, pirate outfit, Fireman, Policeman and Sailor outfits, a small brown Teddy Bear that looked like Salvadore. It had eyes like Salvadore. Her heart melted. She went upstairs to the attic to get Salvadore.

Pandora entered the attic and Salvadore's heart skipped a beat.

"Salvadore. Seems like Santa left you some gifts." Pandora picked him up and hugged him. "I have missed you my friend. I love you. You are going back to my room to stay on my bed. I will never be too old for you."

Pandora thought that she ha heard Salvadore squeal.

Pandora dressed Salvadore in his Santa suit and she changed his clothes often and bought him new ones. Salvadore was home back in Pandora's room and he was happy. He loved and had missed Pandora. Santa took Salvadore for his ride in his sleigh every year. He was the happiest Teddy Bear in the world.

Cute old fashioned Teddy Bear in museum.
Cute animated picture of girl and teddy bears in attic.
Cute Teddy Bears on a bike.
© Copyright 2014 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2020816-Salvadore-The-Christmas-Teddy-Bear