*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2021292-PEOPLE-WHO-ARE-GENERIC
Rated: E · Article · Inspirational · #2021292
A critic on the generic people, why should we adopt a realistic approach of the world.
PEOPLE WHO ARE GENERIC
Meer Ishaq

Being generic is the least option one have while living in a society with complete senselessness. Be like millions around you, keep ignoring whatever happens apart you construct a circle and furnish it with your own perception of reality and soon you will find yourself in a safe zone. This is the common practice we observe most of the people doing in their daily life. Author of "All Things Dance Like Dragonflies," C. JoyBell C. best describes this in her words.

"There are people who are generic. They make generic responses and they expect generic answers. They live inside a box and they think people who don't fit into their box are weird. But I'll tell you what, generic people are the weird people. They are like genetically-manipulated plants growing inside a laboratory, like indistinguishable faces, like droids. Like ignorance."

It is simply the act of limiting yourself. We can find out the reason behind such trends by implying effects of social conditions on an individual life. Being generic with narrow thought is however, an easy way to adopt in the complexity of social affairs where one can easily loose its direction without sufficient learning and guidance.

As defined by JoyBell 'they live inside a box,' this is actually so because living outside the box requires a person to became aware of the outside world and also accept the external realities. These realities exist independent from any individuals wish, choice and selection. There are persons with their own opinions, social groups with their own concepts and certain circumstances which might not be in accordance to our wishes. Accepting these realities makes us to accept and respect others around us instead of considering them as weird; actually being weird ourselves.

Being Generic actually makes us weird as it leads to denial of the prevailing realities around us. It is literary blindness; what can better represent the state of such person than the blindness who pretend to not seen something which is visible to the whole universe. For a while, just consider a person who sees fellow individuals the way he or she wants them to be instead of seeing them the way they are.

Such person who makes generic response and expects generic answer actually builds a set of perceptions and concepts of his or her own against the universal realities. Although being human we can perceive thing according to our wishes but we cannot turn the universe according to our wishes. We are compelled to accept whatever the realities are and to adopt a realistic perception of the world around us.

Although, we can make efforts to bring changes in the world along the time but rejecting these realities and replacing them with self-made perceptions is not an option. An actual change comes on the bases of already prevailing realities. Attempts of change in a society or a personal life, which stands against the realities, cannot attain success. While any unrealistic claim of such change is actually not the change but the illusion of change.

Difference is the reality of life. We cannot negate this in front of our false wishes to make every one look like us. There should not be any bond that can limit the scope of our life and thoughts or can create any boxes around them. Instead we can have a life which is shared with different type of peoples and should make ourselves exposed to the realities and challenges of the life.

© Copyright 2014 Meerishaq (meerishaq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2021292-PEOPLE-WHO-ARE-GENERIC