*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2021365-Life-on--a-Rewind
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Article · Other · #2021365
Just happy for being alive
I have not written here for so long but when I saw my anniversary congratulations I had to, my shame, take a retrospective look and see how far I have come since joining this writing group.

I have a book almost filled with poems, a new story on Wattpad.com (not finished).  I will transfer it here too.

I have written about following my dreams and so far one has come through.

In May of this year (2014) I applied to the University of Technology, Jamaica to read for my Bachelor of Laws and was accepted.

At first it was so discouraging because the financial assistance that I needed to see this through was not forthcoming.  Thanks be to God, one very special lady heard my bitter cry and God used her to answer to my call.

I did my last examination for this semester yesterday, December 8, 2014 and I felt joyful.  In-spite of all the problems.. getting a notice to quit, having difficulties in locating a new home, I am still thankful to God that through it all He saw my needs and answered.

Yes, life may be giving me a hard kick but I am kicking back with all I have in Jesus' name.

My daughter's scholarship which she lost, was returned and her CXC fees were paid. She got recommended to do 8 subjects but decided to do only 6. I am still proud of her and believe that she will be a great woman of God once she realizes her calling.

Additionally, I am happy. Although I am going through the storm I am happy. You see I have learnt that faith is not talking about having faith, faith is work... we have to live faith, walk faith, love faith and trust faith. God says that without faith it is impossible to please Him.. I could never please Him I was all over the place. However now... at this moment... it is becoming easier as I trust His Words and rest in his arms.

It is my pledge to be a better sister at this dot com and propose to at least write once per week until I can get up to every day.

So all the best to you guys and remember to trust God because at the end of it all it is our relationship with Him that will count no matter what we may have achieved in this life.

Finally, I love you and please keep praying for me.

Yours in Christ

A girl with a new hold on life.


One luv!!!
© Copyright 2014 Jesusgirl (sharon69 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2021365-Life-on--a-Rewind