*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2021641-Saviors-of-the-Jews-at-Riga
Rated: E · Short Story · Religious · #2021641
Men and women risk their lives to save those marked out for death,illustrates the gospel.
Saviors of the Jews at Riga

On the staircase wall as you enter into the Jewish Museum in Riga, Latvia, there is large display entitled, "Saviors of the Jews at Riga" dedicated to a number of ordinary citizens  who hid Jewish people in their homes to save them from the Nazis during the years of World War ll.  If you looked closely at this display you would see that these people came from various walks of life, were both male and female, and that it cost many of them their lives.

These brave folks deserve the title of savior because they helped save others who almost certainly would have perished in the Nazi Occupation. They are examples of extreme courage, and compassion and deserve to be honored.

It is good to know such inspiring stories, but there is another a Savior that everyone in this world ought to know.  This Savior left his wonderful home above and came to a scene of desolation and strife to save those who were held by an enemy's hostile power.  This hostile power has marked men and women out for eternal death.

The scene of desolation and strife is this world where sin and corruption has set so much in turmoil.  Because of sin every soul in this world needs the Savior.  "All have sinned and come short of the glory of God."  (Romans 6:23)  A Savior is needed because men and women in their own strength cannot escape the hold sin has on their lives.

To deliver sinners from the power of sin, The Lord Jesus let himself be nailed to Calvary's cross.  He died in the place of sinners so that sinners might have a way to be forgiven, and receive the gift of eternal life.

Here are three all-important reasons why you should believe on the name of The Lord Jesus Christ for salvation.

First, the salvation he offers is an everlasting salvation. It will outlast the few short years of this life and never cease for all eternity.  This is the kind of Savior we need because these souls of ours will never go out of existence. Those who turn from their sins, to God, will live on forever in heaven; while those who never turn from their sin will end up in the horrors of hell.  From scripture we learn that hell is a place of intense suffering which will never end.  It is a place where death never dies - a place to be avoided at all cost. If you would avoid hell then come believing to Christ and make him your Savior. "For their is none other name under heaven given among men whereby we must be saved." (Acts 4:12)

Second, The Lord Jesus has limitless power to save. The heroes listed on the display had limits to what they might do. It is not so with The Lord Jesus Christ who is able to save every member of the human race if they would only choose to trust him. He can do this because He is more than just a man. He is both Man and God in the same person. As man he could suffer death. As God his death has an infinite power save. "The blood of Jesus Christ, God's Son cleanses us from all sin." (1 John 1:7)

Third, The Lord Jesus is the only one who can deliver us from the great enemy  of our souls. The hostile enemy power that seeks to lead men on to eternal death is Satan. He is a angel - a spirit with immense power. Because he fell away from God and made himself a rebel, he is filled with hatred for God and every other good thing..  He does all he can to keep as many souls as possible in the dark about spiritual truths. His goal is to have them miss out on God's greatest blessing for men and women which is eternal life. The Lord Jesus is the only one who can deliver sinners from Satan's power.

The men and women listed as the Saviors of the Jews in Riga on the museum display rightly deserve to be honored. The Lord Jesus deserves not only honor but the worship, and utmost love of every heart for what he has done on the cross. Don't spend another day in  the darkness of sin , but come to The Lord Jesus and receive the everlasting salvation he offers today!



© Copyright 2014 Bill Thomas (williamthomas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2021641-Saviors-of-the-Jews-at-Riga