*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2021786-Before-my-Road-To-Glory
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Fanfiction · #2021786
A simple backstory to my player, That I will make in future NCAA games, Enjoy
I had never been an active kid, really, I grew up playing video games, though I wasn't fat, as most would have you think, I was in fact skinny, probably 120 pounds soaking wet, It was a sunny day when I took my little brother, for a tryout for youth football, at a small field in back of our local mall, As we walked, I had no idea what was about to unfold for me, as we stopped at the field, I noticed older kids, and assumed, like me, they were waiting for their younger brothers to do tryouts, maybe stop at the McDonald's beside the field and get something to eat, and walk back home with them



As I stood waiting for my little brother Matt to finish his tryouts, I felt as if I was being watched, as the boys ran the field, I became kinda bored, and was about to put my headphones on and drown out the chatter around me, and ignore the feeling I was being watched, but, as the coaches tossed balls back and fourth to the younger players, one them missed a catch, and I suddenly heard yelling at me, I looked up, and in a instant, I raised my hands, and caught the football, saving my face, from the ball that a coach put a little too much on, Great catch, kid, the coach said, toss it back, will ya?



I nodded and threw the ball, It was a little wobbly but had ok speed, as the ball ht the coaches hands, he nodded, and the feeling of me being watched on intensified even further, I just wanted to hide in whatever music I had, and didn't want to be noticed, I wasn't anti social, I just wanted to get back to my house, and games, I wasn't really an outdoorsy person, though I walked when I had to, and felt like getting out, and rode my bike, over by Railroad Park, when I lived closer to it... As the try out ended, The coach that lost control of the football asked me, Hey, you trying out with the 9th graders?



I thought for a moment, and looked at the other older kids gathered there, I knew it really wasn't up to them I then looked down at my little brother, Who nodded who said go for it, I nodded to the coach looking up from my little brother, as I took off my headphones, OK, he said, grab a scrimmage jersey, it was nylon netting, and hung off me a little as I straightened it, OK, guys, lets run some laps, want to see how fast you are, I ran pretty good, as I had always been a quick kid, but just lacking in the stamina department, You gotta work on that, can't have you passing out after a play, I nodded, and as the sun was setting tryout was ending. the coach in charge of the tryouts told me, I'd love to have you, come see me, I went to take off my scrimmage jersey, and put his hand on my chest, Keep it, you will need it, later, He said with a smile.
© Copyright 2014 Jshaw71 (jshaw71 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2021786-Before-my-Road-To-Glory