*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2022409-This-is-what-happens-when-you-dine-alone
Rated: 18+ · Other · Nonsense · #2022409
Writing letter whilst avoiding the subject/emotion about a break-up.
Pass me the ketchup...pass me the ketchup please?

I sit here alone at my dinner table, with a heart full of drought. Only a fork and a knife to keep me company. Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper left at 6. Maybe the cat will pop in at 3? I've got so many things on my mind, so many words I need to write down. But the only words I can write is the senseless pass me the ketchup?

Maybe I'm just trying to ignore my feelings, trying to ignore what I want to say. Or maybe I'm trying to say something that doesn't exist, something that wont change the future or mean anything to you. Maybe what I want to say is trying to tell me to forget about it. Ignore it. It's just not worth it. But still it's stuck in my mind, burning like a fire in a open field. It's broken. And I think it would stay like that for quite a while. My eyes aren't open, all day I keep them closed. Maybe it's better to make myself blind, so that I can't see the sorrow when I pass tomorrow.

Just forget about it I tell myself every night before I go to sleep. Just forget about it in the mornings when I brush my teeth. Just forget about it, when the phone rings. Just FORGET ABOUT IT I scream! Ignore every chance you get to say what you feel. Just ignore it for a while. And let it go past. Fuck! When you ignore it Jennifer it will go by fast! Ignore it. It's just not worth it. Is it?

So back to the pass me the ketchup...and maybe I'll make me some tea. Pass me the ketchup and I know you'll forget about me. Pass me the darn ketchup (...PLEASE!...) Oh, look I'm right! The cat's on time, she popped in at 3am.
© Copyright 2014 Jadedjenz (jadedjenz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2022409-This-is-what-happens-when-you-dine-alone