*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2022659-Society
Rated: E · Essay · Emotional · #2022659
What happen to the girl that use to shine so bright?
She had a smile that can light up a room and a heart full of gold. She had an imagination that expanded beyond the stars. She had a fire in her eyes and a since of adventure in her soul; but society got jealous and destroyed everything that she owned. First they got rid of her imagination telling her that dreaming to big will only get get you hurt, then they told her to dream within what's possible so she won't be out in the dirt. So her imagination didn't go no further then the four walls in her room. They then got rid of her since of adventure telling her that she would surely die if she tried it so she stuck to what's safe because that's what society decided. Society didn't get enough so they tricked her into believing they were friends until one day they broke her trust and stole all the gold her heart once had by leaving and never telling her why; so now her heart is empty of everything that it owned. Society wasn't done though and decided that it wasn't enough so they told her lies about herself and as time went on she started to believe them so her smile faded and the fire died. Society couldn't get enough so they pointed out all her flaws and made her insecure. She went from a girl full of life to a girl with a guarded heart, dull eyes, no smile and an imagination that barely left her mind. They continued to break her down, they broke her to the point where she started to self harm. One night while they were asleep she tied a noose around her neck and killed herself. They didn't realize what they did until they found her hanging in her room. It was then society started wondering what happen to the girl that use to shine so bright.
© Copyright 2014 DelicateAngel (silentsunset17 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2022659-Society