*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2022880-Falling
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Philosophy · #2022880
Five minute free write. Let me know what you think, thanks!
Falling.

From an unknown source, I fall ironically, again, into the unknown. Is it the fear of the destination that sends this crippling sense of dread up my spine? Is it a subconscious recognition of the destination which my mind refuses to recognize that crushes my hope, and kills my feeling of safety? Or perhaps, is it not the destination, but instead the unknown, that creates the feeling that is undoubtedly overcoming my person?

Falling.

As my mind burns itself at the stake of confusion, attempting to drive the stake of knowledge through its heart, it, like a true prosecuted witch, pulls a magic trick. It stops. Stops questioning the destination, the motivation, the declaration, of my voyage into the unknown. In place now of that lost sense of hopelessness, I find solace.

Falling.

And although my body experiences the fall and the inevitable assertion of what the destination is, my mind is not along for the ride.

Falling.

I am falling, but I have not yet truly fallen.
© Copyright 2014 mjr1234 (mjr12341 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2022880-Falling