*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2023165-An-attempt-at-rediscovering-love
Rated: E · Essay · Philosophy · #2023165
An evolving trail of thought.
An attempt at rediscovering love - Christmas Eve 2014 at 02:38 a.m.

This day has evolved around death and the afterlife. In a danish movie I saw after dinner with my brother and his girlfriend, a boy who’s parents were getting divorced and who had just met the love of his life, discovers that life and death is utterly pointless and therefore devots his time to winning the love of the love of his life. I don’t recall the title of the movie. Next when I came home to my apartment in Northwest I saw a movie called I Origin.

SPOILERS AHEAD: STOP READING IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE MOVIE

It is about a scientist who tries to disprove god by once and for all proving evolution. At the same time he meets the love of his life. A girl with amazing eyes who is spiritual and believes in life after death. She dies in his arms as she is cut in half by a falling elevator. Many years later her eyes pop up in an eye database but the eyes have been scanned recently. The scientist tries finds the girl and makes a test to see if the girl remembers and/or likes the same things that the love of his life did. Her answers fall in the category of random and he seems to lose his purpose. As he walks her out of his hotel room and the elevator doors open, she screams and holds him close repeating something in indian in a scared voice. He now realizes that the love of his life was right and the thing that he sought out to disprove, he ended up proving.

These are two very different views on life. One considers life and death to be pointless in regard to the rest of the world and destiny, while the other considers life and death to be a circle that continues forever, so essential to understanding living and life. However there is one trait or action, if you will, which they have in common. In both of these stories, that which matters most is the search for true love. Something that combines all religions, all cultures, all ethnicities and peoples. It seems foolish that we spend our entire lives fighting over misunderstandings, disagreements and envy, when we are all looking for the same thing. At least I think we are born this way. With a genetic code of some sort, programming us to find our one true love. Not to copulate but because the code tells us that this person will make us happy. I believe that as our culture has evolved, so has our inner instincts and that they have changed from wanting status, security and/or wealth to wanting the one person that makes us whole. I want to say “again” as if we have once been whole. Maybe us persons who have never felt or seen death in our own hunger, lack of wealth, security or status, turn out different. Not necessarily for the better. I am not insinuating that we are some über race or something. I merely find it interesting how we are so careless in some many ways. We adapt naturally to our environment, like all creatures in evolution before us.

I believe in love and I believe that there isn’t just one person in whom we can fall in love, but there is only one constellation of mentality, glow and self-discovered identity that we can fall in love with.

Going back to the part of describing the new instinct that I think we have been engineered with. In all love stories, the lovers are often carefree and they don’t seem to worry much. Think of Romeo and Juliet. They have both never felt a lack of security, status or wealth. They are unique in their search and quest for love.

‘A glooming peace this morning with it brings.
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head.
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things.
Some shall be pardoned, and some punishèd.
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Juliet and her Romeo.’

A merry christmas and a happy new year to all at writing.com
Yours truly,
Troy Jarmes
© Copyright 2014 Troy Jarmes (troyjarmes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2023165-An-attempt-at-rediscovering-love