*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2023222-Arthurs-Inflation-Adventure
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by R-cha
Rated: 13+ · Other · Comedy · #2023222
Arthur Read and his friends have an inflation experience of a lifetime.
Arthur Read was watching My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic with his sisters D.W. and Kate and his dog Pal. "Wow," said Arthur "Can you believe we're all watching this together?" D.W. replies "Well, it is happening. I actually never thought we'd be watching this together." The doorbell rings, so Arthur pauses the show, stands up and walks over to see who it is. He opens the door to find Buster standing there with two tubas. "Hey Arthur," said Buster, "How are you doing?" Arthur replies while waving his friend in "Good, just watching MLP." "Coolness" Buster said as he walked in "I love that show." Arthur then changes the subject as he closes the door "So what is with the two tubas? Don't you only need one?" Buster replies "These are two new tubas, and I thought I would try to give one to you." Arthur is confused while Buster gives the tuba in his right hand to him.

"Buster, you know I don't play the tuba, right?" Arthur states. D.W. chimes in "Bet you really stink at it." Arthur retorts "Says someone who thought it was too hard for her." D.W. replies in a slightly whiny tone "I thought I said not to mention that." Buster then interjected "I just felt that you might try something new. It was like I was told to give this to you." Arthur questions "Seriously?" Arthur inspects the Tuba. "This looks a little odd" Arthur said "Where did you get this?" Buster replies "Actually, it's at this new store that opened up not too long ago. Only sells tubas." Arthur looks dumbfounded. "Wha?" he said "there are only a few people who play that instrument here."

Buster then states "Well, never mind that. Please try it out, it costs a lot." Arthur sighs. "Okay, but if I don't like this, it's straight back to the shop." Arthur puts his finger tips on the keys. D.W. looks at Kate and Pal and says to them "You might want to cover your ears. This will not be pretty." Kate and Pal cover thir ears and D.W. does the same. Arthur looks intently at the tuba and then he closes his eyes and takes a deep breath, puffing his chest up. He puts his mouth on the mouthpiece and blows into it. His face turns blue and he levitates in the air on his stomach as he blows a continuous note. D.W., Kate, and Pal put down their hands from their ears as they hear a beautiful sound. Buster hears the sound too, and all of their eyes widen with amazement. The sound waves go all over town, where only some certain types hear and get amazed.

Arthur stops playing, his face turns back to normal color, lands back on his feet, and starts to catch his breath. When he opens his eyes, he sees Buster, D.W., Kate, and Pal stand in front of him, smiling and looking at him intently. "What?" Arthur asks. D.W. responds "It was... beautiful." Arthur then says to her "Alright, where's the punch-line?" D.W. responds "There is no punch-line. I'm serious." Arthur is shocked that D.W. actually not only liked what he did, but seemed want to do it herself.

D.W. then zoomed out of the door and quickly came back with a new tuba. "Oh man," she says "I can't wait to do this." Arthur asks her "Wait, what?" D.W. responds "I just feel the passion... and apparently Kate and Pal do too." Arthur turns around to see that his baby sister and his dog are now holding tubas of their own. Arthur looks at this in slight confusion, then turns around. Kate then looks at Pal and says "I don't know why, but I think his is going to be so much fun." Pal responds "Oh my, yes it will. Playing this tuba is sure going to rock the house."

Arthur looks at Buster and asks "Doesn't this feel a little weird to you?" Buster replies "Come on, they got interested because you rocked that tuba. Why don't you do it again? We'll all join you this time." Arthur is somewhat dumbfounded, but seeing his friend's and family's excitement causes him to say "Alright, lets do it."

The five get themselves ready to play the tuba. They inhale the air into them, chests puffed up a bit, and then, with their eyes closed, they blow into their mouth pieces. Arthur, Buster, D.W., Kate, and Pal all turn blue in the face and levitate sideways on their stomachs in the air. As they play, they all feel a sensation that is so weird, yet so right. They feel a sense of warmth. While this feels hard, it also feels fun. However, as Arthur plays, he notices something: his sound is not playing.

Arthur opens his eyes and looks around as he plays, and he sees that while his skin is back in his normal color, his hands and ears are starting to swell in a spherical shape. As the ears and hands continue to swell, the cheeks puff up a bit more, and then he feels his feet growing bigger. As if that was enough, his legs and arms are inflating too, and his stomach and chest are the last to inflate, and quickly become the largest. The cheeks, ears, hands, arms, feet, legs, chest and belly swell and stretch out to about 7 feet high and 7 feet wide. Arthur feels the air going through him, making him expand further at a slow pace. He inflates and expands in such a way that it is graceful. He notices that the others are still playing, not noticing that he is inflating. He stretches and swells up greatly, until finally, he stops. The excess air suddenly comes out of the tuba, sending him flying all around the house. Finally, he lands on his bum in the middle, just as all the others stop playing.

Arthur is in a slight daze, then he shakes it off. When he gets up, the others look at him. Buster asks "What happened?" Arthur responds "I'm... not sure." After that, they hear a knock on the door. Arthur decides to go over and see who it is. When he opens it, he sees Francine, holding a tuba, on the other side. She then seductively says "Hey, Arthur." Arthur blushes at these words. He then starts thinking "Wha- what is going on here?" Francine walks, slightly letting her hair slide on Arthur's face flirtatiously. She then says "I heard you playing the tuba twice now, and just right I was passing by a tuba store. This inspired me to buy a tuba and come to you."

Just when Arthur tries to think about what is going on, Nemo comes in with his own tuba between Arthur's legs. This startles Arthur for a bit, and he nearly drops his tuba, but catches it in seconds. Nemo walk towards Pal, and says to him "Greetings toilet drinker." Pal replies "Salutations hairball hurler." Nemo then says "I see that things are going to get quite interesting in the house. Such simple mind like yours wouldn't really understand." Pal replies "Oh, I understand. Those two are in love."
© Copyright 2014 R-cha (r-cha at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2023222-Arthurs-Inflation-Adventure