*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2023518-Next
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Thriller/Suspense · #2023518
We are running out of time. There is going to be chaos.
His hands were sweaty as he waited for a response. His phone was quiet. Taking a deep breath, “Hello, are you still there?”

“Yes, sorry. How far did you get?”

“I removed the case like you said. It just slid off.”

“Okay, what do you see?”

“It looks the guts to a computer. You know, those green board things with little silver trails running about the whole thing. You're on the way, right?”

“We're stuck in traffic. Listen, you are doing fine.”

He took another deep breath and peered in to the box. “I don't know what to do next.”

“Do you see the fan? Is it still rotating?”

“It’s not moving.”

“Try to twirl the fan with your fingers. Kind of like giving it a kick start.”

“It’s stuck. I can hear the little motor straining. Is it supposed to be so hot?”

“The fan is supposed to pull the heat away preventing a meltdown.”

“A meltdown? Oh, that’s great, I have this thing sitting in my lap and it is getting hotter and hotter and now you tell me it might meltdown.”

“The driver says another fifteen minutes.”

“That is going to be cutting it close.”

There was a long silence.

“News flash, the thing is starting to smell.”

“It’s starting to overheat.”

“We are running out of time. There is going to be chaos.”

“Listen carefully. Just pull the power source that is the only thing left to do.”

“Okay on three. One, two, three.”

Silence.

“Are you still there?”

Finally a big sigh. “Yes. You are still coming? We do have a service contract. We will have to have the computers up and running for school tomorrow.”

“You know that you can always trust us to solve your hardware technical problems.”
© Copyright 2014 Duane Engelhardt (dmengel54 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2023518-Next