*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2024402-A-Dreams-Reality
Rated: E · Other · Tragedy · #2024402
My first attempt at flash fiction. Read in 2 minutes or less!
        She felt like Cinderella as he swept her off her feet. Oh please, let this never end! With his hand on the small of her back and his eyes gazing into hers, he expertly guided her across the dance floor as the band played “All of Me.”
        He was mesmerized by her, and she couldn't help but feel like the luckiest girl in the world. Today was their wedding day, and it was perfect. They were married in the backyard of the house she had grown up in--right next to his. Her mother's roses were in bloom and graced every corner of the yard.
They had been childhood sweethearts, and all their friends and family from across the country had shown up to celebrate.  Now they were all watching happily as the elated lovers enjoyed their first dance together as a married couple.  As they watched, Brian leaned towards his new bride for a kiss, and to whisper in her ear, “I love you,” and then...ouch!! My foot!!
        Startled, she didn't realize what had happened at first. She looked around to see familiar faces, but now they were covered in tears. “What's wrong?” she asked.  Her mother stood up  and took her hand in hers. She didn't want to tell her, but she knew it had to be done.
        “There was an accident sweetheart. Your car was hit by a drunk driver and Brian was...killed instantly. Your left foot was crushed, and you're going to need surgery to fix it.  I-I'm so sorry honey.”  Her mother burst into tears and hugged her daughter.
        “No--no, you're wrong." She closed her eyes. "This is just a bad dream. It can't be true...  I won't let it be true!” she screamed.
        Then the pain in her foot woke her up...
© Copyright 2015 LCCooper (lindae35 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2024402-A-Dreams-Reality