*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2025002-Bermuda
Rated: 13+ · Other · Sci-fi · #2025002
Three young adults are transported back in time
"So we need to talk about you not making a choice between Jake and me," Scott said to me. It hurt my head, not to mention my heart, every time he tried to get me to choose between them. For some reason he didn't understand that I loved them both equally. "I'm not going to wait any longer for you to choose. If by the end of this trip you don't decide, I'm going to decide for you."

He wasn't serious, it was the same threat he had made a million times before. There was no way that he would actually follow through with that threat because he loved me as much as I loved him. "Listen Scott, you know how I feel. Nothing is going to change with this vacation, it never does."

"Whose idea was it to take a cruise to the Bermuda Triangle?" Jake asked as he slipped his arms around me. It always amused me to see Scott glower when his rival showed me any sort of affection. "It seems a little risky and silly."

"It was my idea!" I answered excitedly. Before she died, my mom had gone on the same cruise and said that it changed her life. My hope was that it would also change mine, maybe give me some clarity on important matters like what career I should go into, and what color my hair should be. "And I wanted my two best guys to be by my side."

"It was a really bad idea, London." I rolled my eyes at Scott. He didn't have a sense of adventure like Jake and I did. It was one of the negatives that stopped me from choosing him. "What's even worse is that two intelligent men went along with this."

Before any of us could reply, we were thrown from our spots. Blackness took over, as I struggled to stay conscious. It didn't work.

When I woke up, we were no longer on the ship. We were in a house, but things were different. Some music was playing in the background, the band sounded like One Direction but less talented. I mean who sang about wanting to hold hands in 2015?

"Damnit London, your moronic plan has sent us back in time!" Scott screamed at me. I rolled my eyes because he was always angry about something. If he wasn't mad about me not making a choice, he was mad because I suggested that we go on a cruise that might have gotten us sent back in time. "Why do I even bother with you?"

"Stop being such a worrywart. I'll just make a call on my cell and everything will be fine."

"Sweetie, I don't think you understand the severity of what's going on here. We have been transported back to 1964, your cell phone won't work."

"I have Verizon!" I grabbed my cell phone but it read no service. That didn't make any sense, I always had service.
"My cell doesn't work."


"Young lady you have to use a rotary phone." An older woman said to me. She looked at my cell as if it were from a science fiction story. "And before you insult The Beatles by saying that you don't know who they are, this is the band that launched Paul McCartney."

"That man who Kanye West did a song with? He's very lucky that Yeezus took him under his wing! This song is horrible."

"Don't engage her. She can go on like this all day." Scott gently kicked Jake, who didn't move. Was one of the great loves of my lives dead? "Can I ask you what happened, ma'am?"

"Clearly you three are in some situation that needs to be dealt with, my guess is a matter of the heart." The way that she said that, made me think that she had gone through something similar. But there was no way the Universe was telling me I couldn't have two boyfriends. "You won't be able to get back to your time until she decides who she wants to be with. Or until one of you two stop letting her get away with playing the clueless ingue."

I found an odd looking computer, I figure I could sign on to Facebook and get help that way. I hit the enter button waiting for the screen to turn on but nothing happened. "That's a typewriter, not a computer."

"Other than her being pretty, I don't see what the two of you see in her." The Old Woman said as if I weren't in the same room with them. And what in the world was a typewriter? It didn't make any kind of sense to me.

"Quit talking about me like I'm not here. And turn off this CD, it's giving me a headache."

"What's a CD?" She must have seen me roll my eyes because the irritation in her voice rose. "This is a

record album. It's how music is released."

"She's a 90's baby..." Scott said, his voice trailing off at the end.

"Again I am here. If Jake were awake, he would never let you guys talk about me like this."

"London, we're trapped in this mess because of you. Can you hurry up and make up your mind, do you want to be with me or Jake?"

"Dear boy, it doesn't work like that. You boys are just as culpable as she is. You allow her to treat you as nothing more than toys. In this day and age it's girls who act so desperate for love. I guess the future switches roles."

"Everybody acts crazy when it comes to love." Scott said with a sadness in his voice. Maybe he was getting over this stupid notion that I needed to choose between the two of them. "There's a lot that happens that changes social conventions."

"If she can't help us, why are we talking to her?"

"London, shut up already."

That was one point for Jake.

© Copyright 2015 Author Ed Anderson (spaz11081 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2025002-Bermuda