*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2025400-Journey-Home
by KP
Rated: E · Other · Spiritual · #2025400
This piece is the story about one man's journey to follow his heart.
         Andrew unscrewed the top of the basket.  He reached in carefully, tentatively lifting the precious treasure from its temporary home.  He held it up to the light, marveling at its beauty.  Where it came from no one knew, but he knew it needed to be given back to the people who lost it.  A treasure such as this should never be taken from its owners.

He thought about how he came upon this mystery, how he felt pulled toward the area and the compulsion to see what was on the side of the road.  As soon as he realized what he saw he immediately knew he had no choice.

         He traveled slowly, enjoying the warm, pleasant sensation he got from knowing he was doing the right thing.  When it rained, he sheltered it with his body; if it was too hot, he made sure not to leave it in the sun. 

         The road he traveled was long and straight, leading him ever forward toward his goal.  He never questioned, never wondered why this was so important.  Carefully, he climbed up a rocky incline, careful not to jostle his precious bundle.  Oddly, he never felt tired or like he had to rest.  He just kept walking and climbing, climbing and walking, never straying from direction of the beacon.

         He had lost track of the days and weeks, when he realized he was nearing the end of his journey.  His cargo had been silent until now, resonating in time to a beat that Andrew didn’t even realize he had been following.  The music of the sound filled him with a joy so profound he felt his heart about to burst. 

         Once again, he unscrewed the top of the basket holding the precious treasure. Tentatively, he reached in carefully lifting the precious treasure from its temporary home.  Again, he held it up to the light and marveled at its beauty. Out of nowhere, long arms reached down seemingly from the sky.  Two beings stood a short distance away.  Were they angels?  Whatever they were, they were beautiful. 

         Andy guessed it was the mother who had reached down to take the baby.  Their combined song reached its final notes; tears filled his eyes at its last echo.  He placed his hand over his heart and then extended it towards the child.  The mother understood and returned the gesture.  Words were not necessary.  They were speaking with their hearts.

The other being, whom he believed to be the father, lowered himself in front of Andy.  Andy assumed it knelt on bended knee but he couldn’t be sure.  Almost reverently the father placed his hand on top of Andy’s head.  Andy closed his eyes and breathed deep, feeling the benediction of this most wonderful power.  When he opened his eyes, the beings were gone and he was lying on his bed at home. 

         He jumped up, thoroughly confused.  Had he dreamed the whole thing?  No, there, at the end of his bed was the basket he used to bring a child home again. 

© Copyright 2015 KP (kp4444 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2025400-Journey-Home