*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2025546-What-are-you-afraid-of
Rated: E · Prose · Emotional · #2025546
Finding faith in fear
Why Fear

By

J.Lee McKenzie

Iâm here to ask you earnestly, what are you afraid of? I know so many of us feel as though we are under attack seemingly every day. Our circumstances, relationships, illnesses, diseases, and so many other things lead us down a dark and treacherous path of despair. But I wonder why, why, if life is a gift from our creator, why must we always be afraid? Every visit to the doctorâs office scares me. Every phone call concerning my children. The results from every test. If I learn I have a disease, am I thus doomed to a life of pain and misery? Will my death come more quickly? Did I ever really know the hour of my death in the first place? Does it matter?

Iâll tell you what Iâve learned, what Iâve seen. Iâve learned that everyday a terminal cancer patient visits the doctor to discover their cancer is gone. Everyday someone goes into surgery for something the doctor believes will certainly take their lives only to find out that it wasnât half as bad as they thought. Every day a new relationship begins after several others have ended and every day new career opportunities emerge for people who have lived with nothing. Diseases go into what doctorâs call remission and often never return. The number of incurable, unfixable situations being cured and being fixed are endless.

What does this tell you? Let me explain what Iâve learned from this. An illness, disease, or circumstance does not determine who I am nor does it doom me to have nothing but the same in the future. Even in the most seemingly hopeless situations (ie, terminal diseases) there is always, always possibility. There is only one Being that can tell you that you are terminal. I know who this Being is. Do you?

And, if He doesnât tell you that youâre terminal then you arenât terminal. When He tells you youâre terminal then youâll be dead and if you arenât dead you arenât terminal! Now let me take this a little further and examine this in a different light for a moment and this is for those of us who believe in Christ Jesus as their Lord and Savior. There is a song called âI Can Only Imagine.â Think about that song and truly imagine if Christ were to manifest Himself in a physical form and come to sit with you late at night on your bed, take you by the hand, and talk physically talk with you in a human voice. Can you imagine? Can you even begin to fathom the love, the peace, the glory that this moment would contain? Would the moment even be able to contain it? Every pain, every fear, every anxiety would not have a chance of being in that room. Even your most painful memories would seem beautiful in His presence.

Imagine now if He were to tell it was time for Him to go but not to worry. Tomorrow your shell will fall away and you will be able to live in his presence for all eternity.
What would you say?

Would you cry, Lord, please donât take me? Iâm not ready.

Or would you beg, Lord, please after feeling what it is truly like in your presence not even the morning will have anything for me? Iâm ready to follow you now.

So, not only do I know that life is a gift meant for us to be happy and live in the abundance of our Lord but there is also courage for every fear, healing for every pain, peace for all despair. I KNOW that there is always possibility and that there is always the opportunity for me to go home.

So, I ask you, what are you afraid of?

© Copyright 2015 msjlee333 (msjlee333 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2025546-What-are-you-afraid-of