*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2025582-INTERSTARDUM
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #2025582
A brief story on a race in the universe, space and time, and war with a higher realm.
         A thousand years after the birth of the Universe a well inhabited planet called Starwyn was made by four goddesses: Elluria, of Body; Sonaru, of Spirit, Narazah, of Mind; and Wynfreda, of Love. The planet was the first ever to contain intelligent life that encompassed every aspect of what you and I are like, these people were called the Ura's (U-ra's). The only difference between the Ura's and us are their light purple skin, their round but pointed ears, eyes composed of star-fields, and of course their clothing.



http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h98/Mdterragan/SYMBOLS_zps9f741de3.jpg



         Women generally wear long bell-shaped dresses with dotted star designs that glimmer, shoulder-guards that stick out but curves upwards, a design that comes down onto the dress like a U-shape with a point cut out in the center. Males generally wear tight black clothing underneath a vest that generally has symbolism on it, particularly the symbol of the Tetraforce symbolizing the four goddesses, and like the women they also have the same U-shape design. The star-field designs revolve around their attraction to light, it is also in their religion that stars are worshiped believing they signify the knowledge of good and truth. It's not often daytime on Starwyn because of its very slow rotation, so they are usually always wearing these type of clothing so it would light up during the night. Many nights they will gather in unison, celebrating under the stars and playing music with large harps, and lutes.



http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h98/Mdterragan/URACLOTHING_zps674adb53.jpg



         The almighty who goes by the name of Labrynnu who the four goddesses follow envisioned a grand plan for the Ura's. Labrynnu wanted a universe where the most intelligent lifeforms governed themselves, to freely live life the way they want with some commandments applied. He wanted each and everyone of them to evolve and obtain as much knowledge they could in their sixty-four year lifespan.



         With the knowledge they've been able to obtain on their own, Interstardum gradually became larger as a society, and more advanced in technology with the help of their neighboring friends who are called the Engineers who came shortly after the creation of the Ura's. What started off as a small village living in homes made from rock formations, turned into buildings a lot like the ones we envisioned the future would look like on Earth, and then it moved onwards to the grand city it was known as, made of gold, diamond, jewels, a city fueled by energy that came from outer-space, filled with light, and highly intelligent individuals. The four goddesses were very proud for how knowledgeable their people became in such a short period of time, but they had no idea just how fast it would all turn around.



         Labrynnu ordered Wynfreda and Nazarah to combine their powers to make a lesser god to serve the people, they named him Bernavarde. Sonaru and Elluria aren't involved in this process because giving someone the power from all four goddesses would be disastrous, it would put the person on equal ground. However, Labrynnu wanted Bernavarde to have free will unlike the other lesser gods in the other universes. in which case he wanted to test his loyalty to the Ura's and his creators. He wanted to give Bernavarde a chance to prove his loyalty to make worthy of becoming the third king in the highest realm sitting upon a throne alongside Labrynnu and his two kings, but this was not the case. Bernavarde for a while served the Ura's, but quickly grew tired of it because they were more blessed by the goddesses than he was was. Unlike them, Bernavarde was being tested, and overtime it felt unfair to him. His love turned into hatred, his mind turned into a mind of ignorance, his hate for the goddesses slowly started burning into his eyes, and began desiring more power. He looked to destroy the Tetraforce, the divine relic of each sacred power, Body, Spirit, Mind, and Love, that the Ura's were created in the image of, and also used to communicate to the goddesses. Bernavarde however was not granted communication to the goddesses, so his primary goal became to destroy it, the well-being of the Ura's.



http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h98/Mdterragan/THETETRAFORCE_zps122f6910.jpg



         Bernavarde however couldn't destroy the Tetraforce with the powers he had, he needed some way of countering it equally, so he went forth to create dark powers composing of Shadow, Fear, Ignorance, and Hatred, powers that were never before seen by the goddesses. With these powers at hand, he knew the only way to destroy the Tetraforce was to destroy the goddesses themselves in the higher realm, so he used his powers to create a Talisman that can travel through different universes, this is known as the Space and Time Talisman. The Talisman would be worn around the neck of the one who bears it allowing their spirit to travel through the Astral Plane that is a Macrocosm leading to all universes through passageways opened in space.



         The Astral Plane is a lot like the one we traditionally think it is, when people pass on their spirits will go to the Astral Plane. However this one acts on a more universal scale, meaning all spirits from all universes come into the one Macrocosm. The Astral Plane is also a way where one can travel through space and time using the Talisman. The way that the Talisman works is a person wears it around their neck forming a barrier all around their body to keep their atoms from splitting up, this is when they through the passageway when actual space moves past them. The body doesn't move at all, it's their surroundings that move until they've reached their destination. While in the passageway, the spirit of the bearer must go through Astral Plane separating the spirit from the body leaving the body inside the passageway, but in the Astral Plane are large doorways leading to other universes. Once the spirit of the bearer enters the doorway their material body reforms making the bearer become one again, and then moves onward to their destination. Like the doorways in the Astral Plane, each individual universe contains a similar doorway but in material form that is not usually known by the life existing inside it.



         Bernavarde eventually made the Talismans accessible to everyone in Interstardum, so now everyone knows about the Astral Plane, but his main goal was to manipulate the Ura's into believing the Talisman is the way of obtaining ultimate power and knowledge. He also wanted them to believe power is everything, and can only be obtained by following him, using the Talisman to go to the higher realm and overthrow the goddesses. This is something Elluria, Sonaru, Nazarah and Wynfreda did not have in mind at all, the vast majority of the Ura's embraced this new type of technology breaking the hearts of the four goddesses when they found their people following Bernavarde's act of betrayal.



         Bernavarde and his followers entered the highest realm using the Talismans, they stood before Labrynnu ready to overthrow him and the four goddesses whereas they were ready to take them on as well.



         Labrynnu had a son, and his name was Terragan. Terragan stood with his father's heavenly army with a mystical blade he crafted himself called the Terrablade, the Terrablade was crafted so no evil spirit could never lay their hands on it, and serves a mighty stance against those who would defy the order of the high realm.



         The battle begins, it was ferocious and bloody battle between light and dark. Labrynnu underestimated Bernavarde's power leaving him almost on the verge of defeat until Terragan stood in front to protect him. The battle was now in between Bernavarde and Terragan, he holds up the Terrablade as it glows with blue light, and then points it at down Bernavarde. 'Sword play huh,' Bernavarde said laughing.



         'So, you have chosen disloyalty,' Terragan responded.



         'No.' Bernavarde raises his hand in the air and his sword called the Demonblade appears. 'I choose power.'



         The two fought until Bernavarde was struck down by Terragan, but the battle ended with the two of them in their last moments.



         In his last words Bernavarde said: 'This is not the end, my spirit will linger on. I will rise again, and your people will forever be doomed to a blood-filled sea of darkness for all eternity,' as he laughed in all of their faces.



         Terragan then used his remaining power to seal Bernavarde's power into the Terrablade.



         After the battle was over, Terragan made one final wish to his father which to have his spirit to live on and name live on. Labyrnnu then took heed to his wish to heart promising it will indeed live on, Labrynnu then took the Terrablade and put it to rest.



         Bernavarde's last words puzzled the goddesses for a good while considering his powers was sealed away, but when he formed his dark powers, the very first thing he did was create the Shadow Realm. In this realm he created an Hourglass that will allow him to be to be brought back using his Demonblade in the next five-hundred years. Before Bernavarde fell he attached his spirit to the Demonblade that vanished, it went back to the Shadow Realm after he fell. This enables him to come back and uphold his statement to the goddesses. He outsmarted them knowing he would come back at a time when it all would be forgotten.



         Labrynnu ordered Sonaru and Wynfreda to return to the universe and put their efforts into a spiritual being composed of Spirit and Love with absolute benevolence who would only serve them, they called her Luranu. An order was passed down to the goddesses to Luranu to protect the Tetraforce, and watch over the universe. She was also given a task to seek out those in balance of all four virtues to stop malevolent forces from harming their people and those who seek to destroy the Tetraforce.



         Now that all of that was in stone, the four goddesses went ahead to create a dividing line between space and time to block anyone in Interstardum form entering other universes. The dividing line is known as the Sanctuary of Space and Time inside the Astral Plane, that is guarded by a matriarch. Like the Shadow Realm, the Sanctuary also has an hourglass, but is mainly used for the matriarch to time travel, and look into the future. With Bernavarde's statement in mind, the four goddesses made sure to look out for anything in the future.



http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h98/Mdterragan/LOGOANALYSIS_zps9f86c310.jpg



         Although, after the dividing line's creation the the people in Interstardum were still disrupting the circle of life by traveling to other planes of existence. The Talismans eventually came to light to the four goddesses. Bernavarde once again outsmarted his own creators giving the Talismans the ability to bend space, by folding point A to Point B to bypass the dividing line.



         The four goddesses was at a loss, and could only turn to Labrynnu for advice being the wisest of all, his only reply was: 'Interstardum must be destroyed.'



         The hearts of the four goddesses were once again broken, but they knew there was no other way to get rid of the Talismans. They also knew that leaving no survivors would only grant Bernavarde's wish upon their people, so they commanded those without the Talismans to scatter around the universe to inhabit planets, moons, and planetoids, they waited for the rest to gather in unison under the stars to celebrate.



         The city rumbled like a terrifying earthquake, fissures cracked opened from the ground, buildings fell to ground as meteors crashed all over Starwyn. A vast solar storm swept across Interstardum all leading to its demise along with the Talismans, excluding the ones that made out into other universes. Only one actually made it out of Interstardum when a young Ura kept it as a gift for her mother.



         The fall of Interstardum became known as the day when the stars fell from the sky. The Ura's turned to the Engineer's who have already been inhabiting places from all over, a few of the Ura's traveled to a moon where a good portion of the Engineers lived. There where they worked together to build a great city called Stardum, named after Interstardum one-hundred years later, and since then has become the central point of intelligent life in the universe. As time went on the knowledge of Interstardum slowly cease to exist.



         Elluria, Sonaru, Nazarah, and Wynfreda vowed to no longer meddle in the affairs of their people unless they are called upon to do so by Luranu using the Tetraforce, but a final task was given to them by Labrynnu. A planet created by him long before Interstardum and during the processing of Starwyn was in its final stages to becoming sustainable for life. With the four goddesses power it would make the perfect planet for the Ura's to reunite as well as all walks of life to live on.



         Labrynnu said, 'This is both their destiny now.' The knowledge of good and evil was then passed on one day when the Ura's mysteriously found it.



         With a chance of Bernavarde's return, Luranu now patiently awaits for the time of those in balance of all four virtues. She would often consult the Tetraforce in the Astral Plane which has now come to be its resting place while other threats roam the universe.



         The Ura's set out on their long journey through space gradually coming closer to their destined homeworld, as they move forward they evolved and have given themselves a new name for their species, called the human.



THE END



© Copyright 2015 Taylor Minter (sudokan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2025582-INTERSTARDUM