*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2026182-Importance-of-goals
Rated: E · Article · Opinion · #2026182
Goals = dreams
The importance of having goals in order to realize your dreams



"The trouble with not having a goal is that you can spend your life running up and down the field and never score." — Bill Copeland

The importance of dreams is crucial to accomplishing great things in your life, but you need to start setting goals in order to realize your dreams. Why?



First of all, goals make you believe more in yourself. Setting goals for yourself is a way to focus on your ambitions. Every moment that you spend trying to attain your goal, you will become more self confident and fulfilled, giving you the inspiration to do the things you never thought possible, especially if your dream is something many people want to do but just few really realize it.  Goals can transform “insurmountable mountains into walkable hills”.  Most of us have "big dreams" that seem impossible for us to realize that’s why it seems impossible for us to realize them and to become easily discouraged.  Especially if you are surrounded by people who do not really believe in you.  But if you start with accomplishing little goals, you will become stronger. Everything will appear easier to you: you will start believing that nothing is impossible, not even your “big dream”. 



Goals will also make you understand if your dreams are what you truly want and if you are living your life to the fullest.  By asking yourself what you really want and constantly re-planning your goals, you gain the benefit of self-reflection.  Then, when you take time setting goals, in order to realize your dreams, you ensure that your life is geared towards getting the most out of every moment. There’s so much to do and experience in life, but everybody is  different, therefore everybody wants different things. And life is like a vacation; you're given a finite amount of time to pursue experiences you want and then before you know it, it's already time to go.  So, in order to get the most out of your precious moments of life, you have to know what you really want; only then can you start working on it and only then will you have no regrets. Without a clear sense of what you want to do, you’ll never be able to live your life to the fullest.



In the end, it’s also true that accomplishing goals is difficult. It takes so much time and effort and sometimes we do not realize that we are just wasting time instead of working on our goals. So the best thing to do is to write them down. A written goal is an external representation of your inner wishes, desires; its a constant reminder of what you need to accomplish your dream.  Usually if you just set your mind to something that gets you excited, you first start working on it like a mad person, but then motivation starts to wane. Having goals that you can focus on and visualize helps you better connect yourself with your inner desires, and gives you the motivational energy you need to work through periods where your focus inevitably starts to wane.



© Copyright 2015 Sabrina Legrenzi (saab at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2026182-Importance-of-goals