*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2026609-Dear-Me-2015
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Contest Entry · #2026609
The Jungle beckons...
Dear Me,

I sat down at my desk, sipped my coffee, and surveyed "The Jungle." My laptop needed a dusting, the stickie notes covered just about every inch of the tabletop in vivid neon yellow, green, and orange, the pens were out of ink, and my stacks of blank paper were askew.

Let's face it – my jungle was a mess. I took a long, hard sip of my fufu coffee and sighed. I had no choice. It was time to organize.

A stack of blank stickie notes called to me. I reached for a pencil and wrote: Goal Number One: Organize.

A little "warm and fuzzy" tickled me. This felt good.

I finished my fufu coffee and started plodding my way through the jungle. Dry pens found their way to the can. Old stickies went in the recycling pile. Then I found it – the mother lode. My NaNoWriMo project I neglected during December for Christmas.

My "warm and fuzzy" feeling expanded. Glancing at my Iphone calendar, I saw I had the rest of January and February open. Yes! Goal Number Two: Finish my NaNoWriMo project. This was do-able. I'd written 50K. My NaNoWriMo project found a new home next to the laptop.

Rummaging through my accessories drawer, I pulled out the dust cleaner, a rag, and wiped off my screen. The hunt for junk was on. If it was old, it went in the can. If it was still in a candy wrapper, it found it's way to the candy bowl. Pushing aside my stack of used Amazon gift cards, I found my neon green stickies – marketing plans. Let's see – January: Review Blog Tour for "The Wolf's Torment," promo using Fussy Librarian for "The Faberge Secret," and "Journey of the Heart." I noticed my titles rotated evenly in my February and March notes. All I had to do now was implement the green stickies. Goal Number Three: green light the marketing plan.

Things were shaping up. "The Jungle" wasn't in such disarray anymore. A couple of beams of light peaked through the canopies. A smile teased my lips.

There! Underneath that beast known as "Thesaurus," I spied it – my 2014 Writing.com pin. It was a heartfelt reminder of my commitment to writing. I palmed the pin and "The Jungle" grew brighter. I smiled. Writing.com was where it all started. I reached for my pencil. Goal Number Four: Spend some time with an old friend – Writing.com.

Word Count 402
© Copyright 2015 StephBee - House Targaryen (sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2026609-Dear-Me-2015