*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2026792-Tina
Rated: 18+ · Other · Cultural · #2026792
A little story about a man's wife who leaves one Sunday and never returns
The sun arose bright and warm. I walk outside to the garden to check on my vegetables. I see drops of rain sitting on the waterproof broccoli leaves. Waiting to disappear into the sun's warmth. The sun got kissed by a little rain early this morning. I was sleeping. Had a long night at the bar. With help from my bloody sunday mary, I will be fine. I drink on Saturday's because....it's what I do. I hate Sundays.

Sunday is like any other day. When I was young, I was taught to respect the day. It was easy, because everyone did. In fact, you had to plan the weekend to go shopping for food and maybe gasoline before Sunday hit. Nothing was open on that day. the streets were bare. People that didn't go to church slept in. It was a day set aside for worship and rest. It was on a Sunday my wife left me. It was a mean day, when Hell broke loose and covered Tina with thoughts that were not hers. She ran away. Into a darker world without me. I have no idea where she went or where she is. The only thing I know for sure is....is the big ole black hole that is in my heart.

I will never understand modern women. How easily they let themselves be reprogrammed into something they are not. You never can tell which woman you will come home to. The one you married or Satan's little bitch. Maybe it's only American women. I need to move to Iceland. Oh Iceland. Where the girls are girls forever.

In a few days my tomatoes will be ready to pick and eat. Tina loved a good and ripe tomato. I hope she eats store bought ones now. I grab a white paper lunch sack from the garage, and pick a few green beans for my lunch. I love the white paper sacks, because it looks clean and professional. Even though I'm the only one who sees it. I take my beans into the house, and wash them under the faucet. I break them into two, and place them in a pot of water on the stove. I turn the stove on high. I open the fridge to fry up some bacon for breakfast, and I'll use some scraps and a little grease for the beans. Since Tina left, I have replaced all her pitchers around the house with those of my cat.

After breakfast and lunch, I go back to the bar. It's nice and quiet on Sunday afternoons. I like it very much. It's not a sports bar. It's a quiet bar. It's my little bit of rain being kissed by the sun.
© Copyright 2015 hollister (craighollister at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2026792-Tina