*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2026849-Lesson-3-Assignment---Navigation
by Rayyna
Rated: E · Assignment · Writing.Com · #2026849
Assignment Questions and Answers for Charting the Seas Navigation Class
Newbie Nellie is thrilled you're helping her so much. She's getting so excited about everything she's learning on our cruise. Here are her questions for this week.

1) I heard there are several ways to get to my account page. Tell me where these links are found. Which one do you prefer to use? Why?

You can click on your username at the top left of the screen, above the personal navigation box. Or you can click on "My Account" in the larger side bar on the left of the screen. The second one offers a few more clickable links that let you choose what you are looking for more specifically, while clicking on the username seems more intuitive and simple as it's all the way at the top. I tend to like using the "My Account" link, as it lets me see what's available for me to look at in a single list that is super easy to look through.

2) I'd like to read an Action/Adventure item. How do I find an item of this genre? Which links do I need to use?

Click on the "Browse by Genre" link in the large side bar on the left of the screen.

3) Some days I only want to read poetry. How can I find a list of poems only?

Click on the "Browse by Type" link in the large side bar on the left of the screen.

4) I received a large gift of Gift Points. Where and how do I use them? What can I buy with them?

You can use them to buy items on WDC, including physical items sold in the WDC shop, virtual items such as awardicons and merit badges, or you can gift them to other WDC members in thanks for their reviews or help they have given you. The WDC shop for physical and virtual items can be found by clicking on the "Shop" link in the large side bar on the left of the screen.

5) I'd like to learn more about the resources available to me as a writer. Where is the best place to find those? Which one if your favorite and why?

Click on "Writing Resources" link in the large side bar on the left of the screen. It will give you a list of resources every writer may need at some point in their career. I think my favorite from the list was the Writing Classes listing, as it was a pretty awesome set of links to explore.


Ideanary was by far my favorite link to find. I love that it is more than just a thesaurus, but rather a much more involved program to link meanings with words to find a much more robust listing of alternative words. I know I often get into the habit of repeating simple words in my writing, and a GOOD thesaurus is sometimes hard to come by. This little widget available on WDC is just an amazingly handy tool that I can't wait to use! In truth, all of the Tools listed in the Writing Tools link are incredibly handy. I can foresee plenty of times to use the Virtual Dice, especially if you do any raffles or competitions. I'd wondered what people here used, and that's super resourceful that it's right there on the site!
© Copyright 2015 Rayyna (rayyna at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2026849-Lesson-3-Assignment---Navigation