*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2026901-My-Parasailing-Dream---Meanings
Rated: E · Essay · Spiritual · #2026901
My dream and my thoughts about that dream. Never been parasailing - I don't swim!
I normally do not dream or if I do, I do not remember them.  This dream is really something that I would NEVER do! I know me.  What brought this dream about, I do not know.  These last few months, this last year, has been very trying and very hard to cope with all that has gone on and I have to admit has made me doubt some of my beliefs.  I think this dream may be telling me that God has me grounded and I cannot get away, or be moved away from Him, because He is always there for me, He has me anchored to Him, my Solid Rock.

When this dream starts, I am already in the air, I can feel my granddaughter with me, she never says a word, but I feel her.  I am looking down at the ocean - water wherever I look.  I can see other people on the surface of the water, others parasailing although not as high as we are, I can see rings in the water forever spreading outwards.  There is not a breeze so I'm not sure how we are staying up.  The water was also calm, no rough waves or anything like that.

I get a little afraid and say to myself 'I can't swim' and 'I don't know how to work this thing', I am feeling anxious, but not really bad. I reach up and pull just a little on one of the strings and we start to go down, now I am very anxious! But in the next instant we are on the ground, looking around. 

The area we landed in was like cliffs or big rocks jutting out into the water.  There was a bridge beside us not a big one just a little walking bridge, further over in kind of a backward L shape, were stores and shops and I think homes or cottages, something like that.  We started walking towards the little town, when I remembered that if we rented the sail then we would need to return it so we went back to where we landed. When I looked down I discovered that all along we had been anchored to this solid rock and we could not have floated away!  There was not anyone there, but then it came to me that we had been safe all along, we had been protected.

I woke up then,  I have been very tired for the last two days since this dream.  The more I think about it, the more I think that God is reminding me that I am His, and He has me anchored to Him, He is my solid rock.  Even though we stray and wonder, even when the water is calm, He is always there to protect us, to guide us, and to comfort us.

Parasailing is something that I would never try to do - I am not wild about heights and I cannot swim, however I would love to fly, myself, not in a plane.  This dream was like flying but calmer - God reminding me that He is always there - No matter what I do or where I go!

Thank you Jesus for always being there.
© Copyright 2015 Lazy Writer est 4/24/2008 (dschoening at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2026901-My-Parasailing-Dream---Meanings