*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2027831-Bruised-and-battered
Rated: 13+ · Non-fiction · Community · #2027831
Iraq is a country which iis marred with violence and a scream for help.
20th March 2013 was like any other Wednesday to me. Getting up, having my breakfast and taking my daily dose of aspirin, by which i mean reading the newspaper( I am addicted to it). The sports page was not very interesting, it was filled with cricket news of India and Australia. Then as I turned the page to the global news a particular article struck me. The article was about Iraq. It gave us an insight of the bruised and bloodied Iraq. I have always been interested in the Middle East, especially the countries that are always at war, where bomb blasts are as common as hot dog in United States. I always wanted to go to Iraq, Iran, Israel and wanted to perk into the lives of the innocent civilians who have nothing to do with the wars. I too wanted to feel the dread. But as i read through the article i already got goosebumps as it reported that since 2003 over 4,804 spldiers and 122,000 civilians have died in the collision that took place between the Us-led soldiers in the Iraq War. Even though the war did not take a long time to get over, it created fear in the minds of the citizens. The war took away many lives and since then Iraq has never been able to rest in peace. It has been bombed, fired and destroyed. This ill time of Iraq actually started with Saddam Hussain who unleashed terror by killing and torturing several citizens who were against his dictatorship. The USA took advantage of Iraq's terror and helped them to get rid of Hussain and then placed their own government. Since then there has been many ' minor conflicts' leading to many deaths. The terrorists spare no one- they have orphaned many kids, taken away kids from their parents, separated husband and wives, mothers and daughters, brothers and sisters. Every Iraqi live in terror and always stay alert. Many have even learnt the art of distinguishing a terrorist plane to a commercial airline by just listening to the sound. While reading the article I could only think of one thing- where is the United Nations now? I cant help but wonder about the future of Iraq, I can't even sleep as there are so many Iraqi's who cannot sleep too as they maybe attacked anytime. Maybe by now they are habituated and just follow the sentence ' whatever will be will be'. I am sure of one thing eveytime a baby is born in Iraq it already knows that it may not have a long life, he may not even be able to see his mother or father again and he may not even be able to live without fear. But on the 10th anniversary of Iraq war( 20th March) I am sure that there are some good samaritans who are pledging to stop this oppression!
© Copyright 2015 Sinchita (sinchita at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2027831-Bruised-and-battered