*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2028144-Dark-Like-Me-Chapter-4-Friendship-Deple
by Llya
Rated: 18+ · Other · Teen · #2028144
16 years old Sirrah Winters; a dark skin girl with smarts and a generous heart.
School for Sirrah is an all Military school called Angelwood Academy. Sirrah walks through the school with her head held hig as teens hurl insults at her.



        "Look, the darkness came in early." A girl snickers.



Sirrah continues to hold her head up and walk to her locker.



        "Burnt french toast walking through." A boy titters.



Sirrah gets to her locker and sees Alchemy standing against her own locker flirting with some boy. Sirrah smiles happy to see a friendly face, "Hey Alchemy."



Alchemy turns to Sirrah, the boy that Alchemy was talking to sneers in disgust at Sirrah and walks away. Alchemy turns back to see the boy had left her, Alchemy says with disgust, "Hey Sirrah." She opens her locker.



Sirrah did not like the way Alchemy greeted her. She also didn't call Sirrah last night, like Sirrah though Alchemy would. There were a lot of things Alchemy doesn't do anymore that they use to do. They use to study together, and go to the mall together, and they use to talk on the phone almost every day. They get their books in silence.



        "Are you okay, Alchemy? You have been a little distant lately." Sirrah notices.



        "Huh? Oh, been busy lately. You know . . . college stuff." Alchemy lies.



        "Oh, you changed your mind about not going?" Sirrah says proudly and closes her locker once she has the books she needs. She'd been trying to get Alchemy to apply for college since they met, their 7th grade year of middle school. But, Alchemy wasn't trying to go to college, so Alchemy lied to Sirrah to get her off her back about it.



"Geez, not even one can afford it, Sirrah." Alchemy slams her locker in aggravation. Then walks off leaving Sirrah confused and hurt. Hurt, that Alchemy would act this way. Sirrah just chalked it up to it's Alchemy's time of the month.
© Copyright 2015 Llya (jonoahamber at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2028144-Dark-Like-Me-Chapter-4-Friendship-Deple