*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2028369-Dear-Me-by-Apollo-Temple
Rated: E · Other · Contest · #2028369
Dear Me, and anyone who reads this document. Be prepared for a carefree narration.
Dear Me,
The year of 2014 was epic, and the opportunity to see what happens in 2015 is a blessing from God. Given that His blessings are ever-present, I am going to make an attempt to follow His path. My goals for 2015 are many, and my only hope is to complete as many goals as possible while enjoying the journey.
I am going to start by saying good job on 2014, Grant. For 2015, my primary focus is to land a fresh career. I have been in the healthcare industry for six years and that is about one month too long. Furthermore, my pay is minimal and with the new member of my family, that is you Miles, I will apply and attain a new career by the end of the calendar year. To achieve this goal I need to continue on the job search. I will continue look online and fill out applications at least once a week. The fun begins once I get that job.
I need a larger living space. As Miles grows and tares through everything in sight, more space and more barriers are necessary. The procuring of a new house, townhouse, or duplex will come relatively easily, but moving is always hard, even after I have a ‘financial friendly’ career. Okay, my first two orders of business are going to be a lot to bite off, so I should keep some easily attainable goals in mind.
I want a family membership to the Y, formerly YMCA, for 2015. The whole family will benefit from the exercise and getting out of the house. I merely need to submit my Foodshare income and pay for the Y via scholarship. Beside the physical fitness, my mental health needs to be kept in mind.
In 2015, I will finish my, “Catching Fire” painting. Painting sooths me but because my studio is in a heat-free garage I have not been able to finish the acrylic work. I must patiently wait for spring. Wisconsin winters, need I say more.
For now my free time is better spent volunteering. I have applied for and intend to work for an agency that is Internet based writing. The opportunity is only three to five hours a week, and again is a payless gig.
What might help pay some bills is my goal to win three cash writing contests in 2015. This goal is important on two levels. If I win money then that helps my family financially. If I win awards with said money then that helps my credibility, and portfolio, so I eventually can write for pay.
In March, I want to take the family on a little drive down from Wisconsin to Tennessee. I have an uncle who lives in Memphis, and my wife would love a trip to meet him for her birthday. To put those wheels in motion, I need to set aside some cash, take time off work, perhaps two to three weeks, and clear it with my Uncle Paul.
Attending the concert “Lifefest” is something I want to do for me. I have been wanting to go for a number of years, however, when it came time to attend I justified many excuses, convincing myself to not go. This year will be the year I buy the tickets for my family, and we go. “Lifefest” is in Oshkosh, which is all of 15 minutes down the highway from our home. One day of praise and love, for a few dollars and a short drive.
I will finish reading “The Complete Idiot’s Guide To Homeschooling.” After that I will buy a new homeschooling book and read it within the timeframe of 2015. I hope to enjoy many years with my child. My wife and I intend to homeschool. I would like to begin those years now and enjoy life’s journey.
Finally, my journey through 2015 will include my smoking no less than eight thousand cigarettes, or about a pack and a half per day. Seriously though, just as important as what I will do are resolutions that I won’t do. I will not drink or do drugs. I will avoid holding hot coals: anger, fear, and lies. I not get any new loans, unless I get a better career first. I will not associate with dry drunks, drunks, nor manipulative people. While all these items I will, or will not do, may seem daunting one-by-one, mapping a plan out gives me confidence. Grant Temple, you will complete these tasks, and you will enjoy your journey.

757 Words
© Copyright 2015 ApolloTemple (apollotemple at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2028369-Dear-Me-by-Apollo-Temple