*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2029847-Here-We-Go-Again
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #2029847
Owner who talks to his pet that always talks back and the trouble it gets them in
                                      Here we go again



  Steve and his dog Rover were sitting on the park bench feeding the birds. He always enjoyed their evenings together. Steve tried to spend as much time with Rover as he could when he got off work. A older heavyset lady was only a few feet from them and walking towards their bench.

  Steve was throwing feed out into the grass.

“That one there looks like he doesn't need anymore food”, Steve said throwing feed out to a Robin that was near them. The lady walked in front of their bench.

  “That one there could spare a few pounds” Rover said.

  “Well I never”, the woman said as she stopped and turned around angrily.

“Im sorry. It wasn't me…., Steve stuttered. I mean..… I wasn't implying you. I was talking about the bird out there.”

  She turned and started to walk away.

  “Hey, don’t me mad lady, Rover said. Next time he’ll throw you a chicken bone or something”

The lady turned around and faced Steve. Rover took off across the grass.

“It wasn't me lady, honest. It was my dog”.

The lady started swinging her purse and hitting him with it hard.

“Your dog. You are a sick young man.”

Rover laid with his chin over a curb on the opposite side of the park laughing at his owner. Here we go again he thought. I love this.
© Copyright 2015 LoneWolf (snbd29 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2029847-Here-We-Go-Again