*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2029912-The-Muskettans-Season-1-Prologue
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Young Adult · #2029912
Prologue of my upcoming story, "The Muskettans!". Introducing the three main characters.

The Muskettans: Season 1 Prologue: Larry, Klara and Charlotte

Hello guys, I'm Lindsay Lawrence, but you can call me Larry. Yeah, I know, it would be weird and all since Larry is a boy's name and I'm a girl, but it's a cool name, so why not use it?

You want some etymology? Fine! "Larry" is the pet form of "Lawrence", my surname, and "Lorelei" is my middle name, making my full name Lindsay Lorelei Lawrence.

I've been in Leighton High since I started grade 7. I feel it's not a bad place to spend 6 years in...until now.

I don't understand why instantly, I became very unpopular with those folks. They called me names. They spread rumors (which of course, I say it's not true!). They don't even send postcards to me. That is why we cannot have nice things...

Especially the bully George Wellington. If he's not here to take my lunch money, he's here to take my Mathematics homework and copy it. I tried fighting back, but I always end up in my own locker after the fights. I'm not weak, but he's too strong for me to handle...The "best" part? Wellington never gets punished for his misdeeds. Day by day, I pray for karma to bite him in the ass.

I'm Klara Phillips, and I'm a totally ordinary girl from Anvil, East Brumford. Well, I used to be...until something terrible happened.

At my old school in Anvil, I was very popular with everyone. When someone has problems with assignments or homework, they always come to me for help. I did what I could, and then they would return home happy. There is one day, however, I answered too many questions and went home late. It was very dark, and it was a cold night. As I walked across the street (you see, I used to live opposite to the school), I felt like a freighter crashed into me, then the feeling passes.

Everything went even darker and colder. I can hear someone challenging me to a game of chess...a game my dad taught me.

I'm Charlotte Anne Spikerson, and I am a student at Leighton High. Things went downhill really fast after I broke up with my ex. If I had spent the time I used to invent new stuff with him, this wouldn't have happened. I was devastated, and I wish I can do something to salvage the relationship...but it's probably too late now.

I traveled to Anvil to try to forget about him...my penpal said it was a nice town to visit. I walked around the town, took pictures of monuments (of course, I'm not going to write a "Wish You Were Here" postcard to him.) The night streets looked beautiful. I noticed the street lights, they're kind of like my life back then: flickering, and only god knows when it is going to go off.

Then, the most important thing in my life happened. I saw a redhead girl lying on the street in a pool of blood. I don't need to be as smart as Sherlock Holmes to know what happened here. I checked her pulse. There was still chance of saving her, so tried calling an ambulance with my cellphone...but its batteries are long dead.

I've never played chess much, but here I am, playing chess with a man whose face is hidden under a dark shadow. He said something really bad will happen if I lose. I got the white pieces, and he told me to go first. I moved a pawn. He laughed at me and moved another pawn. No matter what I move, he would laugh and tell me it is a stupid move and I should surrender...but I won't. I'll never stop, no matter what.

My grades are not bad, they're above average. I seem do well in English and Literature. Ms. Maribel, my English teacher, always jokingly told me to go to a university already. This is the reason why I'm one of the most popular targets in homework-copying and even cheating in exams.

Of course, it's Wellington again who's the most frequent offender in my list, but what can I do? He told me once the only reason I'm not dead yet is that I still have lunch money for him to take and homework for him to copy. He disgusts me, and I wish someone would do away with him one day.

Even though I haven't met the girl before, I feel I have met her somewhere before, but not in person. My penpal told me once she has red hair, wears glasses and has freckles. The girl whom I brought to the hospital fits the description completely, but no one can be sure...

Anyways, I knew there was still chance to save the injured girl! I tried looking around for a public payphone, but there was none close by. The night was quiet, and there was no one else around. There was almost no hope...until I saw a sign which says "CLINIC OPEN 24 HOURS". I nodded and tried to get the injured there as fast as possible.

The shadowy man is better at chess than I am, shredding my army into almost nothing. The shadow guy laughed at me and told me to prepare to leave with him. I played for a while...and he cornered my king. I thought there was no legal move then, but then, someone ran up to us, flipped over the table and told me the game was rigged. That someone is quite short and has a brown ponytail. She told us to play again, but this time, she'll watch the game and settle disputes. The shadowy man sighed and set up the board again.

Despite having a sign saying "CLINIC OPEN 24 HOURS", the clinic was closed. There was no one there. What happened here? Where are all the staffs? Where are all the doctors?

No time to think about that! I need to help the girl to safety as fast as possible. I threw the girl I dragged all the way here on the operation table...and begun inspecting her. Hopefully the dissections I did in Biology class will help!

After brief inspection, I noticed the girl's condition was very severe. The bone in her left arm had so many fractures I had to amputate it. If she found out I chopped her arm off without permission, she's going to kill me, so I looked around the operation room to find what I can to replace her left arm. For some reason, there was a rocket launcher, a laser canon, a finger gun which fires bullets, and a pair of jetpack inside the operation room. Could the owner of this clinic been arrested for smuggling these weapons? Anyways, I took apart what I found, made a robotic arm out of the parts, and placed it on where her arm used to be. I welded it with a blowtorch. I also gave her rechargeable batteries to be used on the battery slot I installed on her arm. After all, she is going to need extra energy to activate the mechanic arm I gave her. I also gave her robot wings, since she won't be able to walk for a while as her legs were broken. I also replaced her some parts of her brain with a computer. She will suffer amnesia if it is not replaced, and she won't be able to remember anything. "But how do I know where to replace the brain, you have never been a neurosurgeon!", you say? I don't have the slightest idea either. It sounds impossible, but I already did it, I finalized the "fixing" by charging her with a car battery.

With a spectator cheering me on, I managed to finish the game with the shadowy man. I checkmated him on the 30th turn. He applauded and said I'm allowed to stay longer. Before I can ask him what he meant, everything faded. The chessboard, the man, the short someone and everything.

I woke up in an operation room. The girl who appeared in my dream was there, fiddling with a car battery. It was connected to me! I grabbed her by the collar and demanded an explanation. She told me to calm down. She claimed to by my penpal, Charlotte Anne Spikerson. I've never met her, but she fits the description written in the letters. I tried trusting her. I told her my name is Klara Phillips, and she snapped her finger and told me she was my penpal. That's how we first met in person.

She said my left arm was amputated and was replaced with a robotic arm. I looked at my left arm. It was true, my left arm felt heavier like there was something heavy in it. I was told my left arm can punch down a building, but it's probably the best to stay away from troubles now.

There are some rumors going on in the school about me...for example, they say the contents of my teacup is actually vodka. The effect from this was, every day in the cafeteria, people would line up and asked to check my teacup. I told them it is actually tea, but no one believed me. I can never have a decent cup of tea back then...

The other rumor which spreads round the school is that I am courting a tentacle monster. Come on, do those people believe tentacle monster exist? All those people break down my locker to see if there is any letters written in some strange language, they interviewed me how it is like to go on a date with a tentacle monster, and the worst effect from this rumor is, no guy want to ask me out, ever again...

The next day, instead of being popular, I became as unpopular as a certain fascist could be. Everyone called me names like "stupid robot" or "freak" or "evil cyborg", but I didn't mind. Then along came the harshest insult in my book: "soulless ginger". With my newfound power, I chased down the offender and gave him what for. By what for, I meant a punch in the gut. Well, who's laughing now? Even though I'm a genius and probably the smartest kid in the school, the headmaster told me it's not an excuse for punching anyone who offends me. He told me to take a deep breath, and forgive my enemies. Many more fights broke out after, and I became the first student ever who once got a GPA of 4.00 and was kicked out.

I got expelled. My parents were informed of my behavior at school. They were told I'm a genius but too powerful. The headmaster said I'm too powerful for anyone to handle.

The next morning at the breakfast table, dad showed me a news article about the first student at St. Anvil School who both got a GPA of 4.00 and was kicked out. She somehow destroyed half of the school building just because someone called her a "soulless ginger". Even though the news didn't tell the name of the student, but I already know who she is: Klara Phillips.

I wrote a letter to her, telling her to try to convince her parents to let her move into North Chescherham. I explained in the letter I can help take care of problems if there is something wrong about her. It is up to her now if she wants to believe or not...

I received a letter; it was from Charlotte my penpal. It suggested me to go to North Chescherham. I confronted my parents about this, and told them Charlotte was the one who saved my life by replacing some of my body parts with robot parts. I also told them more problems may show up if I continued staying in this town. A group of angry people will try to get rid of me, and my parents may be pulled into this. That is not what I wanted at all.

They talked over for a while, and think it would be the best for me to stay close to Charlotte. At night, when everyone was sleeping, The three of us left the district of Anvil into North Chescherham. We then found an apartment in Rook and decided to stay there. It's not very roomy, but it will have to do.

My parents then tried to get me into a school. I told my parents to try Leighton High, as it is the school Charlotte attends. They agreed.

The next day, my parents took me to Leighton High to enroll. The headmaster, Ms. Jeanne Lisburn Grahams, told me she have heard of my deeds before and said the school would welcome me in.

This is when my story really starts...

One morning in the Mathematics Classroom, I was very bored and wished I meet someone new. Ms. Archer was explaining parabola, lines and plots, and I was a bit confused, and my vision was fading...

A new student shows up at the door, and Ms. Archer told her she is very late. Ms. Archer then told the new student to introduce herself. The new student said her name is Klara Phillips, and she enjoys reading, computer games and chess. Ms. Archer then told her to take a seat next to me.

This is when my story really starts...

Every evening, I hang out in the library, not to read books, but to invent new stuff. Mr. O'Brien, the librarian, asked me once why I don't use the workshop. I told him my inventions are supposed to be top-secret and it cannot be made in the workshop or everyone else will know. He told me it is OK, on the condition that I don't make any noise. Not many students use the library. Even though they come here, they don't dwell deep and they're either here to return or borrow a few books.

I usually sit in the deepest area if the library where no one can see me. One day, I was inventing a turbo booster for my bike, when someone came in the deepest area looking for a book.

Klara Phillips.

This is when my story really starts...

Season 1 Prologue End.

Note: This is the first eposide of the Muskettan series. Please comment if there is anything that can be improved.

© Copyright 2015 LarryLorelei (larrylorelei at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2029912-The-Muskettans-Season-1-Prologue